Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
DH is going to *love* what I give him this Christmas!  ; ) >

DH is going to *love* what I give him this Christmas! ; )

DH is going to *love* what I give him this Christmas! ; )

Old 10-24-2011, 01:06 PM

Love it! My DH said "no" to the idea but at least he said we can plan our next vacation with the money.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:09 PM

That sounds like a great plan.

This is the first year that I will not be giving gifts to my grown daughter and her husband. I just don't see the point. They can buy whatever they need all year long. I suggested that we just give birthday presents and go out for dinner during the holiday to celebrate. She wants to change that to a meal cooked at home, but I don't think I even want to go to all the trouble. The last time I had her and friends over for a meal I spent 4 days cleaning and preparing and they stayed about 2 hours. It definitely wasn't worth the trouble.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:11 PM

Sounds like a good plan!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
That sounds like a great plan.

This is the first year that I will not be giving gifts to my grown daughter and her husband. I just don't see the point. They can buy whatever they need all year long. I suggested that we just give birthday presents and go out for dinner during the holiday to celebrate. She wants to change that to a meal cooked at home, but I don't think I even want to go to all the trouble. The last time I had her and friends over for a meal I spent 4 days cleaning and preparing and they stayed about 2 hours. It definitely wasn't worth the trouble.
I don't know that I would be able to carry through with that, but I do totally agree with all you have said! You just get to that point, don't you? You are sure to enjoy the holidays ... everyone else, time will tell! Go for it!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
Recently I half-jokingly told DH that I was going to give him fabric for Christmas and that he should give me some tools. Well, he latched right on to that idea so we're really going to do it, lol.

I've had my eye on some fabric that I think DH is just going to *love*! And, really, he's been extra good this year... ;)
I think this is a MARVELOUS idea! :thumbup:
Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
She wants to change that to a meal cooked at home, but I don't think I even want to go to all the trouble.
A couple of times I had a french toast dish made the night before, it and bacon baked in the morning served buffet style. Easy peasy.