Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: diamond lattice quilt

diamond lattice quilt

How can I make this quilt larger.....https://www.favequilts.com/Quilts-Fo...from-Accuquilt

If I increase the center diagonal rows to 13... would that work?

thanks ladies

Blog Entries
    It depends how big you want it. I would say that you can add as many diagonal rowas as you want, and could lengthen those rows as well
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I thought maybe I could but wasn't sure... tried to graph it out, but had trouble with that too. Thanks Nan

Doing 13 diamonds in the diagonals will make it about 44ish inches wide, and 46ish inches long. If you want it longer, you can add more 13-diamond rows. Do you have a finished size in mind? I'm just approximating, but I could probably tell you how many rows you need to get to the size you want.

thank you Jennifer... I really appreciate you ladies answering... I took a photo of what I have so far.... need a white sashing between 2nd and 3rd row..
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's going to be super pretty! I love your fabrics... this is the kind of quilt I would have looked at for ages as a kid, admiring all the different flowers. my favourite right now is the fussy-cut blue pot of red flowers. Please post a picture when it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
    That's going to be super pretty! I love your fabrics... this is the kind of quilt I would have looked at for ages as a kid, admiring all the different flowers. my favourite right now is the fussy-cut blue pot of red flowers. Please post a picture when it's done!
    I have collected florals for a long time... it was time to do something with them. I would like to do all of them different, so not sure how big I can get. I may have to ask my quilting friends for a piece of a floral.. I am only using a small bit... so now what to do with all the floral I have left. lol Thank you for your kind words... do you think I should border it?

Personally, I wouldn't border it; because the borders aren't parallel to the lattice I think they would draw too much attention to themselves. I think the blocks deserve all the focus!

I enlarged a diagonal quilt. I made both of the sides (your rows 1-11), then when I did the middle rows (13), I just added as many as needed to make the width or length. Just remember when you measure that you will be cutting off half the diamond at each end of each row.

That is going to be super pretty using all those florals. Keep us posted on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by sdeaaz View Post
    thank you Jennifer... I really appreciate you ladies answering... I took a photo of what I have so far.... need a white sashing between 2nd and 3rd row..
    Love your color choices so much more than the picture in the directions. Beautiful!

I did a quilt on that order recently. The rows are 1,3,5,7,9,11,11,11,11,9,7,5,3,1. To make it larger, make the rows:
    1,3,5,7,9,11,13,13,13,13,13,11,9,7,5,3,1. You get the idea? For larger still, make the center rows:
    13,15,15,15,15,15,15,13,11,9, etc. All you have to do is add more pieces to the center rows which will make the quilt longer and wider. You could also make fewer rows of the longest ones if you want it a little more square.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Blog Entries
    there is another pattern called give me diamonds and that is larger
    Patski
    always learning