Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did Anyone Attend the MQX Show in Portland? >

Did Anyone Attend the MQX Show in Portland?

Did Anyone Attend the MQX Show in Portland?

Old 10-17-2011, 07:02 AM

They have the times/dates etc. set, and have even announced that Mark Lipinski will be the Special Guest (not to be confused with Featured Quilter), which surprises me. I was under the impression his health was limiting his activities.

I don't think the classes are set yet, but agree, maybe the mailing list is what she signed up for.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 AM

I've been going to MQX East in R.I. for the past couple of years, and you're right, it is something else!! There are tons of quilts on display. Perhaps since the West version is new, they are still "ramping up" and trying to get people on board. I wouldn't give up on it yet!

By the way, class registration for MQX East 2012 begins on November 2nd. So there's nobody signed up yet... still time to get the info! Last year I really wanted to get into Karen McTavish's class (McTavishing on Your Domestic) so I literally sat at the computer and counted down until "high noon", jumped online and registered! Yes, I was a bit obsessed (LOL). But it was worth every penny.

I wonder if the class you are talking about (where you were charged for little quilt sandwiches) was the same one I took... I was disappointed in one class, just can't remember the name right now. Unfortunately I was also feeling pretty ill this year when I attended, so my mind was bit foggy.