Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Anyone work on a quilt this weekend?

Blog Entries

Did Anyone work on a quilt this weekend?

Name:  baby quiltweb.jpg
Views: 1965
Size:  62.8 KBI was so excited...thought I had the day to myself yesterday...a woman at work has a three year old daughter and I decided to make her a quilt from left overs. He favorite color pink. i have a bunch that I thought were pretty ugly but cut done in size nice. So I got busy and cut a bunch of 3 1/2 inch tumblers. laid it all out began sewing..half way done and the phone rings. My son's family is coming to visit...yes I love when they visit and so glad they did! I had to pick up all of my pieces off the floor. put away my sewing machine (I decided to work in the kitchen table - figures...I normally have everything in my sewing room.) Anyways now I have lost my modivation...; ( I need to relay them all out once again.
    Last edited by carolaug; 05-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    This is the first weekend in about 4-6 weeks that I've had the chance to sew without either babysitting or having company...and yesterday I hurt my back. I managed to finish piecing a top and have the back cut, but not sure if I will be able to piece it. I can't sit too long or it's very painful when I do move. I have a very small area to sew in the bedroom, but no dedicated space to quilt. When I quilt, I have to rearrange things on the porch. I'm just not up to that and handling the weight of any quilts. Good thing none have a deadline! I'm disappointed because quilting is my mental escape from a stressful job...and it's been very stressful lately, so I need lots of "therapy" LOL.

Here's a picture of the top I finished.

Name:  Picture2.jpg
Views: 2146
Size:  49.3 KB

Blog Entries
    so sorry to hear about your back! Your quilt is beautiful! I have also been having a lot of shoulder issues so haven't been sewing much at all. I just started this baby quilt to try to get back into it. Feel better soon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    This is the first weekend in about 4-6 weeks that I've had the chance to sew without either babysitting or having company...and yesterday I hurt my back. I managed to finish piecing a top and have the back cut, but not sure if I will be able to piece it. I can't sit too long or it's very painful when I do move. I have a very small area to sew in the bedroom, but no dedicated space to quilt. When I quilt, I have to rearrange things on the porch. I'm just not up to that and handling the weight of any quilts. Good thing none have a deadline! I'm disappointed because quilting is my mental escape from a stressful job...and it's been very stressful lately, so I need lots of "therapy" LOL.

Here's a picture of the top I finished.

Name:  Picture2.jpg
Views: 2146
Size:  49.3 KB

Blog Entries
    I am working on a quilt for an old friend who recently moved into a nursing home. Quick pattern, but it's still going slowly.

BOth the pictured quilts are pretty. I love pink and tumblers are always cool. The pop of purple in the D9P really sets off the b/w.

I like love the colors of both quilts pinks and purples my favorite

Ive got a blue rail fence in the frame and just got a chance to really work on it today. This is such a quiet weekend for us and with all the rain coming down, its just right mood for it...lol
    Lise

No time to sew yet this weekend - I'm bummed! Course I haven't been able to sew for almost 2 weeks. Have had to run to town practically every day taking Mom to Dr, or grocery shopping, kitten to vet, baseball games to attend. Thought I would be able to sew yesterday but son and 2 of the grands came up - we had one calf left to brand - it was born during the branding last weekend. So glad I got to spend some fun time with the kids. Today we spent most of the morning putting flowers on graves and tomorrow we have a big family picnic. Hopefully I can sew next week! Happy Memorial Day everyone.

QM
    I am working on a guild project that we had to promise not to share before October!!!!

I am making a large tablerunner for an anniversary party we are going to Friday evening.

Blog Entries
    I am working on repairing a quilt for a lady I used to work with. She had made her DD a quilt using Harley Davidson bandanas and she used a poly batting. She only secured the sandwich together by buttons in the 4 corners of each of the 20 bandanas. This was her first and only quilt that she has made. She used sheets and fabric with the selvedges still on them! The saving grace is that she sewed it together using 3/4" - 1" seam allowance. I have had to pretty much take it completely apart! Been at it since 10:30 this morning. . .
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I am quilting fast and furiously these days. Just finished a quilt for DGD's birthday & she got it today. Then was asked to make a baby quilt which I've been working on. Now I'm waiting for a new piece of fabric for that, so I started working on a kitchen set for my sister & am presently sewing 3/4"bits of cloth together for an accent frame around the main piece.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

The 2 pictured look lovely. I have not worked on any aspect of quilting this weekend. Are there quilting muses?

Lovely quilts in the 2 photos. I'm working on a red, black, and white print fabric...... chevron pattern and this evening I'm tired. It tires my neck and shoulders to stitch for a long period even with plenty of breaks.

I did the purple layer cake swap a few months back and decided to do the double slice layer cake by missouri star. It is lookin good....now I need to figure what colour for the border

I have been sewing, and ripping.. Ughhh

[QUOTE=irishrose

BOth the pictured quilts are pretty. I love pink and tumblers are always cool. The pop of purple in the D9P really sets off the b/w.[/QUOTE]

That is what I was thinking too. Love that purple.
    Jean in MI

I pieced a lone star queen size and have been hand quilting it since yesterday..been sewing just about non stop..also made 2 child size Bow Tucks for the 5 yr old grand daughter twins...Feel good this weekend about my progress!

Yesterday, I finished the binding on City Streets, the Quilters Club of America Mystery Quilt 8. I finished quilting it, Thursday. After finishing the binding, I started making a quilt with a fishing theme for my grandson. I have half of the blocks sewn together. Now, I am doing the hand sewing on the binding on the Big Star quilt by Jenny Doan. I got it back from the LAQ yesterday. It will probably be tomorrow before I finish it; then I want to try to finish the top of the quilt for my grandson. I have decided that I will quilt it myself as I want to give it to him for his birthday next month. All in all, I have had a wonderful quilting weekend!

Beautiful.

I didn't work on a quilt per say, but spent the weekend at the NC Quilt Symposium. I took classes from Sandy Fitzpatrick and Harriet Hargrave. Wonderful Weekend!

Cheers, K

Oh, yes. Thank goodness I had time this week at last! I have been so busy working, and just did not have time to start my new quilt. I had a whole day today and half a day yesterday. I have been working on the Chateau Chambray quilt featured by Andover fabrics, but had to wait until the Portland Quilt Show was over before I got two key pieces of fabric in the collection. It was worth it! I got all fabrics cut and one block almost finished. There is a long way to go, but I am really enjoying this one.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I've been piecing in spurts the past two days on a rail fence of patriotic colors. It is for a local army Staff Sergeant who was shot in Afghanistan and is now at Walter Reed Medical Center. I read a news report on him Thursday afternoon and started the quilt on Saturday. I hope the news reporter will help me get the quilt to this soldier's family when I finish it shortly.

This is the third time since the first of the year that I have been able to honor a local military person with my work. It's very sad there are so many in my area impacted by this war "over there". The least I can do is honor them with my work.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I did some hand quilting on my "Tropical Nights" It feels as though it is going fairly quickly, but it could be my imagination. Of all of the dolphins I've done on this quilt, only ONE knot has snapped off of the thread. I am very happy.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Yes, I sewed yesterday, today and I will sew some tomorrow. Not near as much as I had planned on. I usually sew at least a couple of hours everyday.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I finished up a rag blanket for a special needs gal who lost her blanket in a big shuffle.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

So excited

I'm really excited to finally get some quilting done. I'm healing from a recent surgery so have not been quilting as much as I'd like and especially since I just started back to work in the last couple of weeks. I have 2 projects I'm working on this weekend...one is a quilt of all roses for a friend who also recently had surgery for cancer and just started chemo treatments (I hope I can get this finished soon so she can enjoy it as she is going through all this). The other quilt is a set of blocks/patterns and fabrics that were given to me as a project to finish: a different friend of mine was given this project with a few 15" blocks already started out of like 20. She does not do applique and knows that I do so she asked me if I wanted it. I was ecstatic! There are many plaid fabrics in the batch and it is a look that I would not have thought of on my own. I went through my stash and added quite a few fabrics that will be really interesting for a traditional pattern with a twist. So far I've got 2 blocks finished. This makes 7 WIPs. I must be losing my marbles (but I don't quilt with marbles so it's ok).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast