Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you buy any Christmas fabrics this year? >

Did you buy any Christmas fabrics this year?

Did you buy any Christmas fabrics this year?

Old 12-31-2010, 04:27 AM

I bought some Christmas fabric before Christmas to make aprons, but didn't get them done, so that is my goal for Jan/Feb for 2011 Christmas for some of my friends. Then I stopped in yesterday and bought more, 60% off, the lady said the fabric is going up next yr so I am glad I bought now.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:37 PM

Bought a little, looking to stash around a theme. Also bought some Kaufman Holiday Flourish 3 for two table runners - I'm "off" Christmas fabrics, wouldn't have done those runners if the fabric was toooo Christmas-y.

What I was looking for (and couldn't find) were really good burgundy-colored fabrics, wanted brocades, jacquards etc. All just red and green, except for the Flourish, which were blues/greens/creams and black/white/creams. Might find more of those now they're on sale...
Old 12-31-2010, 05:03 PM

I used up a lot of scraps, but had to buy some reds to finish them of.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:26 PM

I just got back from Joann's they had the christmas fabric on for 70% off, so I had to pick up some. Plus they had some other good sales on batting (half off) plus had a coupon for 10% off my entire order so I did ok....HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
Old 12-31-2010, 06:56 PM

I didn't buy any. I got out my Christmas stash and used lots of it up making reusable gift bags, pillowcases and table runners. Made quite a dent in the pile!
Janie
Old 01-01-2011, 09:26 AM

What I bought was for my stash and on sale. I want to make a large Christmas quilt over the next year from a pattern I've had for a zillion years and each block is different and a different size so it takes lots of different fabrics. I will make 2 blocks a month and plan to quilt it in October. Wish me luck. I don't usually have this much ambition.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:33 PM

I just had to buy some of the paper dolls and santa's got the goods on sale!!!!Santa made me do it!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Not an inch!!!
Ditto! Oops, I take that back. I bought some fabric to finish a binding on a quilt.

OK, on second thought I take that back too, lol.

It wasn't Christmas fabric. A very pretty green perfect to finish a quilt I've been working on for a few years now. It will be great to finally have it done. Just the binding to go and a label.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I didn't buy any new Christmas fabric until after Christmas when it went sale at 50% off. I do this every year.

I made Christmas quilts to sell from last years stock, and bought more holiday fabric after Christmas. That is what I always do,buy after the holiday.It saves me at least 25% most of the time 50%. That's the fabric I'll use next Christmas.