Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend?

I accomplished extreme frustration with embroidery
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    I accomplished extreme frustration with embroidery
    yep I understand. Tried that yesterday and just Became frustrated and just gave up for the day. Just relax and try again another day.

No, but I did make progress. I put 6 blocks together for the mayhem mystery quilt. Will finish later this week.
    Also pinned the binding on my Neb quilt. Again I will finish later in the week. Wanting to catch up on mystery quilt from this board. Planned on setting up another quilt top to quilt, didn't get that done either. I figure there is always tomorrow or later in the week to complete my projects.

Fighting a little cold but managed to get two boarders cut and on the quilt top I am working on.

Quote Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
    Didn't do any sewing...but did do some sorting...trying to clean out some items I don't need anymore in preparation for hopefully moving in a few months. Hard to do. I took down Christmas decorations today, and do have a box of items I can let go of....like, but don't love. Also went through my shoes and came up with 6 pairs I really don't wear so they are going to go, and some clothes that don't fit, and that I don't wear. Hardest for me is to let go of any of my sewing items.

I wish I had a glass ball I could look in and see the future home where I would live so I would know how much room I will have and what kind of storage area so I had a better idea of what I could keep. Have to sell house first, selling "as is" and hope it will sell pretty fast once I am ready to put it on the market (my goal is March 1st).

Won't be getting much sewing done for the next few months, but hoping once moved and settled into a new place, that I will be able to sew on a more regular basis again...would love to do at least 30 minutes a day during the week, and a couple of hours each day on the weekend.
    Keep me informed if you will on how this goes. We are planning on downsizing big time next yr or two. I have no big attachments to anything but my machines as far as the household stuff. I do not want to part with any of thm and like you not sure where or how much room we will have at this point in our next house. Sounds like it is going to be a bird house listening to my dh. Ok, but not leaving without my machines:

Didn't do any sewing, but did do a fair amount of sorting and re-organizing. Along with some house cleaning, and have several bags loaded to go to the thrift shop. Did get some cutting accomplished as well.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I am reading the board while waiting for a quilt that I just finished is running through the laundry. Started working on it about a week before Christmas and had a nice Sunday afternoon handsewing the binding. Can't wait to see how it looks, and excited to decide what to make next. I think a quick dog coat for my skinny little hound, then on to my next quilt!

Blog Entries
    I had 2cups of coffee,and organized my sewing stuff into bins..put all the '" friends in the same bin,sorted,folded,redid until my boogered up ankle just stopped me. I'm pretty sore,but it's now tolerable. I'm still overwhelmed by my scraps,and since I heard about " crumb quilts " ,more so. Oh well.

I've been working setting up my new sewing room, refolding fabric, flipping through quilting magazines and downloading patterns. Cut, laid out, and finished a quilt top. Now that I see and touch it...I thnk it needs something EXTRA. Thinking about some applique or yo-yo flowers...tomorrow.

Finished up 4 more shopping bags (cut from pants)

Made about 10 little travel purses, the kind you put a couple things in and wear over your shoulder close to your side. Out of the scraps of the pants legs from shopping bags. Saw it on---------------Quilting Arts????????????? Actually, it's a good use for the billions of zippers I've inherited along the way
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I managed to waste a completely good Sunday by sleeping in, then playing on this computer.

sign me, No Name
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    I did get to do some sewing this past weekend. I'm working on repair my DD's baby quilt. It wasn't easy but I finally got all the mending done on the quilt, now I have to put a new binding on it and I'll be done. Then I can start a sewing project for me that I have put off for a couple of months.

Blog Entries
    finished quilting the second wool (backyard gathering) quilt, made & machine stitched the first side of the bindings on both of them-started the hand stitching side on one;
    made 20 appliqued blocks for new quilt- sashing strips between each- machine started (messing up) went back to bindings
    worked on hooked rug when was tired of stitching binding
    measured- got ready to load next quilt needing quilted- found my backing is just a tad too small....& i don't really like it anyway- set that aside-went back to bindings- realized forgot the labels- made them- attached the first one...
    today- plan to finish bindings so i can get those 2 quilts into the mail & be done with them- maybe play around with new appliqued quilt---go through scraps- try to pull something together for a new scrap quilt.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

pulled out the stash to try to organize. stash now stacked on the bed, desk, cabinet as i tried to think how to sort & store so that i can find it....finished one block for a table runner....had tension (bobbin?) problem and then tension problem (me)...surely hope to be more productive this week....

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    I managed to waste a completely good Sunday by sleeping in, then playing on this computer.

sign me, No Name
    Sleeping in was no waste. We all need to do that sometimes. I was all set for doing an afternoon of machine quilting on a Christmas project that wasn't finished.

[If I put it away to finish by next Christmas, it won't get done so I thought I'd get it done now.]

Well I was having a great time until the top thread jammed in the bobbin area. Had to try to remove the walking foot and needle so the backing wouldn't tear. So I sacrificed my new needle, broke it then finally succeeded in removing the foot. Finally yanked the piece far enough to clip the thread. Backing unharmed. Cleaned out the bobbin area, got the machine set up again and it was time to put up everything. DRATS. One wasted sewing moment. Some of you accomplished so much!

One step at a time, always forward.

Yes, I did a lot of hand stitching of a pieced quilt top over the weekend. Just in the putting together pieces stage of it. Have a LONG way to go yet to finish the top pieces.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I played with the embroidery function of my Janome 9700. I am redoing my quilt guild name tags. My first ones are too big and i won't wear them because it is like wearing potholders. I was pretty green 6 years ago when i joined 3 guilds.

I really need to use the embroidery function more often. I have too much $$ ted up in thread etc.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Quote Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
    I had 2cups of coffee,and organized my sewing stuff into bins..put all the '" friends in the same bin,sorted,folded,redid until my boogered up ankle just stopped me. I'm pretty sore,but it's now tolerable. I'm still overwhelmed by my scraps,and since I heard about " crumb quilts " ,more so. Oh well.
    Each January I donate two garbage bags of scraps to our local 4H. They learn to quilt and they make charity quilts . I will not live long enough to se up scraps and i don't like to make "scrappy" projects. I get rid of the visual clutter and donate to a good cause at the same time. Good to purge!
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adamae View Post
    No sewing, taking meds for the flu, cold, crud, whatever...it is so-o-o miserable. I hate being sick. Glad to see others being productive.
    this was me as well i was hardly on the board, either
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I made princess pillowcases for my granddaughters with them standing over me and watching. They are 5yrs. And 2yrs. Old. I also finished 2 crochet afghans for my brother's twin grand babies. This week I have 4 block of the month blocks to make and continue piecing a flannel quilt. I hope to finish the flannel quilt top and start quilting it. It is my finish in January project. I am determined to finish one project each month this year! The days of the week that the holidays fell on this year kept us mixed up for a while. I am glad to have some normal weeks now so I can make progress on my sewing.

I stitched down the binding for 1/2 of my nephew's quilt while waiting at hockey rinks before and between my son's games. I also planned the colors out for the next quilt.

Cheers, K

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I finished up my last quilt for last year and finished up the first quilt for this year. Started putting together pieces I had cut up last Dec. I ended up with enough pieces for three quilts, different sizes, two D9P and one pinwheels. Same colors. I sew about every evening and on weeklends while I do laundry and cleaning.
    I had to correct this. Last evening I didn't realize I had so many mistakes in the original post.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I quilted (FMQ) 3 Mardi Gras tablerunners for friends, quilted a Valentine tablerunner for myself, and quilted a baby quilt, also put the binding on each. It was a rainy weekend down this way, the perfect weekend to sew. DH was watching football and Jessie Stone movies.
    Pat M.

Was busy moving this weekend, but prepped hand work to do this week until I get my new sewing area set up....Getting so much space now...For me though it doesn't make much difference what day it is..I am on disability and at times not even sure if it it the weekend!! LOL

I didn't have time to sew, but I did get a lot of cutting done in preparation for an upcoming quilt. My stash never looks any smaller though regardless of how much I cut up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast