Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend?

I work on my Aunt Millie's garden ... Hand appliqué ...

For the past year I have been working on a Stack n Whack queen size quilt for my sister. So this past weekend I finally got most of the blocks done. Only 8 more blocks left to do. I did set in squares and triangles. Finally figured out how to get them set in so they look nice. I'll never do them that way again, but it is for my twin sister and I liked how it looked without all the seams. Hoping to get the rest done this week.
    Janelle

My weekends are way too busy spending time with dh, friends and family to get to my quilt room. I'm a stay-at-home "Domestic Goddess" so my quilt time is during the week after housework is done. I did spend two days this week cutting and sorting all my scraps into 2 inch pieces so I guess that's my next quilt!

I've been taking it easy. Had a small stroke Christmas Eve. So I spent the week taking down Christmas and packing it away. What usually takes 3 or 4 days took over a week. Now I just have to get it to the garage. Then a quick vacumn and on to the sewing and quilting rooms. I can't wait. My fingers are itching to get started.

I love this post! Saturday I headed to a local shop that had 50% off all fabric! Bought 15 new pieces. Found a magazine for 40% off and made a wall hanging that was in it. Will finishe the binding tonight. Cleaned house that hadn't been done since the holidays. Put up my snowman decorations. Made a mystery block for a quilt I am working on. Wrote down all the kits I have in hopes that it will inspire me to work on them this year. Actually, I did start one of the kits last night! Have plenty to choose from. So many kits/fabric - so little time!
    Sophie2

I made and finished a wallhanging for my husband that was a Christmas present at least 4 years ago...now doing the hand sewing; cleaned my sewing room; did some mending; cut out applique pieces for 6 wallhangings; started a wallhanging that was to be done last year....it's almost half done...yes it was a very productive weekend!

I managed to make a couch pillow for our son and cut out the second one. I am also trying to straighten out my quilting room.

Oh, I did get some sewing done, and it was so rewarding. I ignored the dust and dirty floors, and finished piecing a baby quilt for a customer, plus finished sewing a quilt top together for myself. I have been piecing blocks for months for that one, it was starting to drive me crazy. It has 3013 pieces, and I didn't strip piece. Crazy, right? It helps my mental state to just get to SEW and SEW.

I finished the quilting and trimmed the edges of a UFO I've been trying to finish. All I have to do now is the binding!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    My plan for the whole month of Jan. is to clean up my sewing area! I ran across stuff I had to make hot pads so I got those done which frees up some space I needed. So back to "cleaning up" and I will see if I get sidetracked again!
    quilting with my dogs

Finished the last few block for my scrappy heart baby quilt, laid out the blocks, decided on cornerstones with the sashing, cut the sashing strips and cornerstones.

I'm afraid all I accomplished was shopping for my next project...guilty! I did come home with some wonderfully yummy fabrics in blues and teals to add to my starting palette from my online sales shopping.

This weekend I have grand organizational plans. My scraps and stash will be tamed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by x7lillies; 01-08-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: made the pictures smaller
    - Kim

kimkolbquilts.etsy.com

Blog Entries
    Used my Accuquilt Go! & cut out 70 6 1/2" squares muslin that I thought I was going to use as a foundation for a strip quilt. Got to thinking - - - what a waste. So, I ended up cutting squares out of an old phone book to use as a foundation and sewed approx 35 blocks and I will use the muslin squares along with the strip squares to make a top. I'm trying to use all my scraps from the West of Baltimore BOM that I bought from Keepsake Quilting back in 2008 (I think). I just finished the Baltimore in Dec. 2012. I also finished embroidering panels for a baby quilt - 12 blocks of cars, trucks, tractors, etc.
    TwandasMom

I worked on a "Circle" challenge, due in March. I finished fmq it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyquiltlover1942 View Post
    I've been taking it easy. Had a small stroke Christmas Eve. So I spent the week taking down Christmas and packing it away. What usually takes 3 or 4 days took over a week. Now I just have to get it to the garage. Then a quick vacumn and on to the sewing and quilting rooms. I can't wait. My fingers are itching to get started.

please don't overdo it. Boxes can wait.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

There are some busy quiters here. This weekend I cut my Jelly Roll Race quilt into 2 1/2 squares. I will reassemble the rows with a 1.5" vertical sash this week and hope to have it ready to start quilting this weekend. I wasn't fond of the jelly roll race look. If I make another one, I think I will add blocks of color to pop it and break up the pattern. Also planning the fabrics for the 2013 Craftsy BOM. Going to Hancock's soon.
    In the work to be done stage: a February camera strap cover for my niece, three mug rugs as gifts.

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    yes. I made 6 grocery bags. Looking forward to getting back to quilting.
    How did you make your grocery bags? Did you crochet them?
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    Ok so far I have made 3 crochet hat 2 scarves then I made some winter blocks for a side swap.
    Plus made blocks for the Funky Farm Swap.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.
    I am still in the process of starting a fabric stash as it has been about 15 years since I've quilted anything and I had no fabric to speak of. I went shopping at the local Goodwill store and found alot of 'material' for scrappy quilts for practicing. So I spent several hours doing alot of cutting up of clothes and sorting. Still have a ways to go but getting there.

Some great progress done here, hope it inspired many of us. Got me motivated.

Sewnsewer2,
    How do you repair the holes on your quilt?
    I accidentally made a hole on the Alabama quilt I am binding.
    I just take a red thread and tried to make a few stitches pulling it together.
    Is there a better way?

kyquiltlover1942,
    Sorry you had a small stroke Christmas Eve.
    Hope you are a lot better!

oldquilter,
    3013 pieces---I can not even imagine the work on that quilt.
    Hope you post it for us to see.

Nah BUT I did drive to Conn to see and finally hold my new grand daughter. She and her twin brother were born just before Christmas and I couldn't hold her in the NICU. But she is home now and I never put her down the whole day I was there. Brother came home yesterday so I will make the run again this weekend. Sorry to all the quilters out there but I had the better weekend!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3