Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointment >

Disappointment

Disappointment

Old 11-05-2013, 04:23 AM

Donate it to a woman's shelter or ask if there's a poor family at a church. Someone will be happy to receive it especially with the cold weather coming and the holidays around the corner.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:26 AM

Awww. I just read your post. Why not let your toddler enjoy it. It may be something she'll always cherish.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:27 AM

How do I deal with disappointment in a quilt I've made? I finish it up and get it out of the house asap!!! Out of sight, out of mind. I've made a few that I just couldn't wait to get them out of my sight. Whether it's due to 'not being my colors' or just detesting the pattern. For those I didn't even take pictures. I don't want to remember them.

There was one block I made that no matter which way I rotated it, it looked like a nazi symbol. I told my instructor at the time that I was going to throw it out. I was very surprised when she asked if she could have it. She didn't see the symbol at all. I gave her permission to do whatever she wanted with it. I don't think of that block very much at all. Thank goodness!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:55 AM

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It would be pretty hard to deny this face. She was hamming it up doing her cheese face so I could send df a pic of her wearing the pants I made her. Lol. She's such a little goofball but she's my number one fan. She has three wubbies that I've made her by just hemming some soft and snuggle fabric and she will beat the dog up if he lays on them lol. She is my little sewing buddy. The bottom of my design wall she claimed with scraps to play with since I showed her they stick to the batting.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:59 AM

Finish it up and send it on it's way. Our Guild has a community quilts group that gives out large quilts to Habitat for Humanity. It's amazing, some of the quilts we get don't appeal to me but there is always one person who loves it in our group. That way, you won't have a reminder of it, and you can make something you are proud of for family and friends.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Scrappy Gram View Post
I really like it! Send it to me if you want to get rid of it.

Deb

You can send it to me too
Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 AM

This looks way too good to be a dog quilt, IMO. I'd donate it, since you're not fond of it, but to a person who will appreciate it.

Hugs,
Charlotte
Old 11-05-2013, 05:39 AM

What a little sweetheart!! It sure would be hard to say no to her. By the way, I really like your quilt, quilting waves and all are just fine. I'm glad you are finishing it and moving on. You will feel better about it when you are done.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

I like the way it looks so far. I am perfectly imperfect. There is not one perfect thing on this God's green earth! I like your quilt!!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

It looks cozy to snuggle under on the couch and isn't that the whole point? It looks good but you might have better luck if you try a few things.
An 80/20 batt is more stable to machine quilt with. I gave up on pin basting and use fusible batt or 505 basting spray. Some people like Elmer glue basting but I have not mastered that yet. For gentle curves a walking foot is helpful. When stitching down a quilt, you need to reversed the direction you stitch in every other row to prevent the quilt from shifting.
If you did all those than chalk it up to experience, finish the binding and move on. In my at least 30 years of quilting, I have yet to make a quilt where everything is exactly how I want it. Cute munchkin!