Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Discount fabric online

Discount fabric online

Where do you shop (online) for big discounts on quilting cotton? At one point in time I found quilting fabric at a big discount online at a shop that was something - mercantile. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost that link. Anyone have any great online shops they would recommend?

Blog Entries
    Try Marshall's Dry Goods. I am sure you are going to get lots of suggestions.
    Happy Quilting.

My go to for discounted quality fabric is Thousands of Bolts. Do use the find a fabric function( expanded search) to help you sort the many many fabrics.. as there really are thousands of bolts.

http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/

Whittlesfabrics.com has some great prices and $5.00 flat fee shipping.

Connecting Threads, Fabric Depot, Favorite Fabrics, Fabric.Com

Quote Originally Posted by lakekids View Post
    Where do you shop (online) for big discounts on quilting cotton? At one point in time I found quilting fabric at a big discount online at a shop that was something - mercantile. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost that link. Anyone have any great online shops they would recommend?
    I'm assuming you used a credit card for these purchases. If you remember when you last ordered, you should be able to check the statement for the company name. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnalynett View Post
    Connecting Threads, Fabric Depot, Favorite Fabrics, Fabric.Com
    I've used all of these and always been happy with the fabric. Fabric Shack is another one of my favorites.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Donnalynett and quiltsRfun, for mentioning www.FavoriteFabric.com as a source for discount fabrics.

We don't run flashy sales, or use any gimmicks, but all of our fabrics are priced well below the suggested retail price and you can buy as little as 1/4 yard if that's all you need. That in itself can really save you a lot of money. (I know, lots of people are stash-building, but if you're trying to make a quilt on a budget, not having to over-buy is important.)

http://www.hollyhillquiltshoppe.com This one has a huge sale section with $3.99 fabric.

Hi,

just to let you know tried link to hollyhill quilt shoppe and could not get through so googled it and its full name is Holly Hill Quilt Shoppe and Mercantile so I think Annie68 has found it for you

And here is a corrected link for it http://www.hollyhillquilts.com/

My favorite is craft town fabrics.

I think Annie68 has the one you tried before. Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe & Mercantile. They do have lots of beautiful fabrics! Enjoy!
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

I've used www.fabric.com and been very happy with pricing, availability and customer service. They are my go-to along with Hancock's Paducah when I'm looking for fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Fabric.com is my first go-to for online shopping. Always check the quilting clearance first, then go to retailmenot.com for a discount code.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

My absolute favorite is www.hancocks-paducah.com. Just click on web specials and you'll see lots of quality fabrics listed for $4-7.49/yd. The minimum is 1 yard for sale fabrics.
    Carol

I like Old Country Store Fabric, Crafttown and and Rossvile, Indiana Quilt store.
    Dianne

Give this one a try.....aroundtheblockquiltersshop.com
    Enjoy!
    Christine

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    My favorite is http://www.fabricsgalore.com/catalog.php?cid=-3
    Great prices, great service.

Carole

I do almost all of my fabric shopping online. Favorite fabrics and Fabric.com are great. I also look at the shipping costs. Some give you points when you buy and are redeemable for discounts.

Most of the online shops have sales or clearance sections. I have bought at most of the places listed -- and they have great, good quality fabric at good prices -- and the sales are usually great prices. Another one to add is http://www.equilter.com/ -- they have a great clearance section. Nancy's Notions is having a charm sale right now -- and they have some good prices on other things: http://www.nancysnotions.com/home.do
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

WOW what bargains.

I am in the UK and always use the USA shops for my fabrics, and threads, as our prices over here are way beyond my purse. I have used thousandofbolts and fabric.com successfully and quite happily for years now but I decided to look at the links you ladies have posted and I am so angry with myself, and you!

I just could not believe the bargains out there and just couldn't resist placing an order with Fabricsgalore.com, I mean like WOW, I have purchase 7 yards of fabric and including postage it works out to $35/22.35 which means I have paid less than 3.20 per yard, unbelievable, espeically as out limit on Import duty is now just 15, I shall be shopping their again without a doubt. Thank you ladies.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    I do almost all of my fabric shopping online. Favorite fabrics and Fabric.com are great. I also look at the shipping costs. Some give you points when you buy and are redeemable for discounts.
    Doreen, thank you for mentioning my store, www.FavoriteFabric.com !

We do give frequent shopper points - you earn one point for each yard of fabric you buy (you do have to be logged in to earn the points). When you get 50 points, you get a free yard of fabric of your choice. That's basically a 2% saving - and of course you can earn your points buying yards that are on sale and then treat yourself by redeeming the points against an expensive fabric. Like... backing, or batiks!

We always have a bunch of sale fabrics that are $5 - $6 / yard, so you could be earning a free yard of fabric after spending $250 - $300. Always being curious, I checked Fabric.com's program and you have to spend $600 with them before you can collect your first reward.

Blog Entries
    i like favorie fabrics, connecting threads, and todays quilting.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast