Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
discouraged >

discouraged

discouraged

Old 01-09-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by connie_1936
Sierra, where are located? i'm sure the board will have someone in your area if we knew where that is.
Sorry about that. I live in Newcastle, CA. I've meant to change my introduction, including put in a picture... but I haven't figured out how.

Sierra
Old 01-09-2011, 01:28 PM

I have nothing to contribute... I'm only trying to see if, with help, I've figured out how to add photos. :oops: Sierra

for Verity (my wild artist sister)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156751[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-156746.jpe  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:31 PM

Well, I got the photos on, but my change of location didn't work in my profile others see. Probably put the vague response because we were moving about then and I put what I felt, not where we were going. I may not be smart, but, heck, my hubby thinks I'm cute :roll: Sierra
Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 PM

Please don't be discouraged. There is so much enjoyment, peace and satisfaction that comes from creating.

And... just because you're new, you're not alone... we are all new to something in quilting. There are so many different avenues we can take... and each is a learning process.

I actually enjoy the ironing part of it... followed by squaring and/or trimming. It just brings me closer to where I hope to end up... with a quilted creation.

Here you can get tons of information and input... and if you find someone who quilts... you will find their passion to share with you almost limitless.

Welcome from Northeast Pennsylvania
Old 01-09-2011, 02:52 PM

This is so beautiful... free flowing... liberated and colorful!!! WOW!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM

Welcome, Babes,
Look at all the help you have here online! Please don't be discouraged- look up art quilting, strip piecing and other kinds of quilting, your blocks do not have to be perfect... you can buy those in a store...
Old 01-09-2011, 06:59 PM

pawebdoctor, you are kind. Perhaps a bit wild, also. Your "name" quilt (is that what avatar is?) is wild and free, liberated and colorful!

Do you, or anyone who knows how these things work, think that the electronic quilter DVD(?) would have helped the flat area on that quilt from happening? I have no real knowledge of what it does. Oh, google it, right? Sierra
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 PM

Do you get TV programs on Sat. like Sewing with Nancy, Eleanor Burns, and Fons and Porter, and America Sews. There are also a lot of books at the fabric stores that show step by step. You will catch on before long.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Babes
Iwant to quilt. I started a quilt and put it aside as i read a book on making squares and i was off track. Now i have started just a block. i cannot afford the classes in my area and do not have any friends that do crafts. What is with all of this ironing seams this way and that? i read the board every day.
Go to "www.quiltinaday.com" She has really good instructional videos that don't cost anything. Just click on the one you want to watch. That's what I did with prairie points. I tried and tried and they kept coming out crooked,til I watched her do it.That's not the only website that has the videos that you can click on. If you have any questions,You have a whole lot of friends right here who will help you. If we don't know the answer, we'll find it.We all help each other here.Don't think you don't have any friends who quilt and do crafts.You have every one of us for a friend for quilting,crafting,talking about sewing,venting frustrations, or just talking.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Babes
Iwant to quilt. I started a quilt and put it aside as i read a book on making squares and i was off track. Now i have started just a block. i cannot afford the classes in my area and do not have any friends that do crafts. What is with all of this ironing seams this way and that? i read the board every day.
I kinda know what you mean. I've been at the current quilt I'm working on for a good month and a half and can't seem to get around to finishing it. I either get too tired from work and just want to relax with some cartoons or video games or I say "I'll do it later", get into something, and never get around to doing the quilt "later" because I get off track. Seems like the only time I want to work on it is when I'm at work taking my break and thinking about what I should be doing next on it...but then, like I said, I get home tired and don't want to work on it.

Check out youtube for videos. Missouri Star Quilt Co. has some excellant tutorials on how to make quilts and tips and tricks. If you have questions on how to do something just ask on here---we always love to help out other quilters!