Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Do any of you have this problem?

The ladies at our closest quilt shop love my husband, during a sale he will stand in the cutting lines holding onto all the bolts of fabric that I have to have a piece of, then after the fabric is cut he will hold my place in line while I check out the rest of the stuff in the shop, he doesn't pay, but he will stand in line, he also voices his opinion on my color choices

Blog Entries
    Oh how I wish it did!

Yes, my husband goes into quilt shops with me and offers suggestions. He also spots a good bargain. He comes up with different ideas to make for various people. My 13 year old son fell into his daddy's footsteps at 3 years old! My son will keep my cart in line with him while I finish one last look. I love having them with me even if I do spend more money!

my bf loves to shop the craft and fabric stores and we always spend more than my list. He has a great eye for color combos and chooses fabric I wouldn't have given a 2nd glance at and they're gorgeous. He will stand at the cutting table and in line while I do one more looksey and then pays the bill most times. Yep, he's a keeper!

Blog Entries
    We should all have your problem. mine wouldn't go in to begin with let alone encourage me to buy more.

I have lol'd at many of these DH stories.."shaking in a corner".. "faking a heart attack" rofl
    I don't think I would ask mine to go..Cause I"m sure he'd not know what a notion was..Sigh when I asked him what he thought of this fabric with that one- after the 4th time..And mid-way through he'd whisper> " Now, Your going to the gun shop/sporting goods/electronics with me after this, right?" ( Horrified look) lol..
    However, I so should have taken him sewing machine shopping with me last week.. I would have definitely gotten a better machine after the sales lady was done with him lol

If you seriously don't care for him going or would like some more alone time...Help him find his own hobby.. X-box, golf, guitar lessons, whatever.. I looove my hubbys x-box and I don't even play it lol

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Yes....and I LOVE it when he'll go in with me!! Unfortunately, he caught on and stays in the car -- says it's cheaper that way! LOL
    My husband loves to talk to the ladies and it seems the whole quilt shop has to listen in. I get little shopping done but I have to say the man is generous and doesn't fuss about purchases as long as he is with me. Its when I go alone that he complains about how much stuff I get! funny man.

Hmm, I would say that is a blessing :) all kidding aside I know it can be irritating. Hang in there...

Blog Entries
    Not me. DH would wait in the car. If he goes in with me I might spend $10 but if he doesn't, I feel free to spend $40 or $50 or more.

Banned
    I myself would rather have a root canal than have my husband along with me when I go fabric shopping. The rolling of the eyes, the "Are you ready to go?" And my favorite, "Do you really have to feel the fabrics?"

Dana

Banned
    I myself would rather have a root canal than have my husband along with me when I go fabric shopping. The rolling of the eyes, the "Are you ready to go?" And my favorite, "Do you really have to feel the fabrics?"

Dana

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    My husband is mixed. He isn't Really all that interested in going to quilt shops, but is willing to take me to the quilt shop across the bridge (I can't do bridges... shiver...). He took me to buy my bernina when I first began quilting (his idea!). He went to the big quilt show in nashville with me one year (he Wanted to go, and encouraged me to buy all sorts of things). He took me to paducah. He set up my quilting corner for me. And he Loves everything I make, even when it Isn't his dinner. lol... So my feeling is he is involved Just the Right amount, and I love him for it.

Blog Entries
    No but can I borrow yours?

My husband will not go in andif he did he would not buy. He is the type if you send him for a gallon of milk he comes home with only a gallon of milk, I am the one who would buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by TN Donna
    My husband will not go in andif he did he would not buy. He is the type if you send him for a gallon of milk he comes home with only a gallon of milk, I am the one who would buy more.
    Oh Donna!!! I had to chuckle at your post. It reminded me of an incident a few years ago. When I married my DH, his daughter was 10, and wanting very much for she and I to have a good relationship. I am a big "list" person...DH is not. I am also the budgeter in the family. After having a lesson or two on want/need and budgetting, DH and daughter were doing the shopping. Dad put a couple of things in the cart that were not on the list. Says the 10 year old..."Dad, is that on the list?". And she made him put back anything that was not on the list!!! LOL

Patti

My dh sometimes goes but has no clue to what I am looking at! LOL Hey, he likes the music shops and I go with him so he can go with me!

Lol! I dont have a husband but a 7 year old son that sews and i can relate..we went in our LQS yesterday, I only needed to get 1 FQ well he found 5 i told him he could pick 2 but he suckered an extra out of me :P It's to hard to say no when he gets so excited about it...lol!!

Yep. My husband loves shopping...he does all the grocery shopping...don't even need to give him a list. If we go out together and stop at a fabric store he always encourages me to buy more than what I set out for. I am also into vintage machines and he's always offering to buy me a new whizz-bang computerised one...he doesn't quite get it that the only thing I may want in the future is a long-arm and that I want to save up for it myself. Anyway, I'm hanging on to this fella....he loves to cook as well!

Quote Originally Posted by lynndianne
    First off, my husband is attached to my hip 90% of the time. When I go into the fabric stores (small town but we have 3 fabric shops) the owners love to see "HIM" coming. I would go in and purchase a few items ($10) but with him, I end up with $30-$50 in purchases. Does this happen to you?

Lynn
    Sounds like a pretty good problem to have! He gets right into it, along with you. What a gem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    If dh goes with me he stands and whines about everything,or complains.His favorite saying is"you dont need that" or "why dont you use some of what you;ve got"
    I think we much be married to brothers.

My DH went in with me once several years ago. As we walked in the door everyone was greeting us. One of the ladies said, "Look, Mr. Laurel (my first name) is here today!". He has never gone with me again!!! However, he does encourage me in all of my quilt related efforts. I think I'll keep him for another 31 years or so!!

Mine was like Pattys'. He whined and said "You don't need that."
    I finally walked out of the grocery store and left him standing there. He is better since that incident. He even went into a LQS and got me $100.00 GC for Christmas last year. He is my DH.
    ;-) Linda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3