Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do any of you have this problem? >

Do any of you have this problem?

Do any of you have this problem?

Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Banned

I myself would rather have a root canal than have my husband along with me when I go fabric shopping. The rolling of the eyes, the "Are you ready to go?" And my favorite, "Do you really have to feel the fabrics?"

Dana
Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 PM

My husband is mixed. He isn't Really all that interested in going to quilt shops, but is willing to take me to the quilt shop across the bridge (I can't do bridges... shiver...). He took me to buy my bernina when I first began quilting (his idea!). He went to the big quilt show in nashville with me one year (he Wanted to go, and encouraged me to buy all sorts of things). He took me to paducah. He set up my quilting corner for me. And he Loves everything I make, even when it Isn't his dinner. lol... So my feeling is he is involved Just the Right amount, and I love him for it.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:21 AM

No but can I borrow yours?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM

My husband will not go in andif he did he would not buy. He is the type if you send him for a gallon of milk he comes home with only a gallon of milk, I am the one who would buy more.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband will not go in andif he did he would not buy. He is the type if you send him for a gallon of milk he comes home with only a gallon of milk, I am the one who would buy more.
Oh Donna!!! I had to chuckle at your post. It reminded me of an incident a few years ago. When I married my DH, his daughter was 10, and wanting very much for she and I to have a good relationship. I am a big "list" person...DH is not. I am also the budgeter in the family. After having a lesson or two on want/need and budgetting, DH and daughter were doing the shopping. Dad put a couple of things in the cart that were not on the list. Says the 10 year old..."Dad, is that on the list?". And she made him put back anything that was not on the list!!! LOL

Patti
Old 12-01-2010, 05:45 PM

My dh sometimes goes but has no clue to what I am looking at! LOL Hey, he likes the music shops and I go with him so he can go with me!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Lol! I dont have a husband but a 7 year old son that sews and i can relate..we went in our LQS yesterday, I only needed to get 1 FQ well he found 5 i told him he could pick 2 but he suckered an extra out of me :P It's to hard to say no when he gets so excited about it...lol!!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

Yep. My husband loves shopping...he does all the grocery shopping...don't even need to give him a list. If we go out together and stop at a fabric store he always encourages me to buy more than what I set out for. I am also into vintage machines and he's always offering to buy me a new whizz-bang computerised one...he doesn't quite get it that the only thing I may want in the future is a long-arm and that I want to save up for it myself. Anyway, I'm hanging on to this fella....he loves to cook as well!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynndianne
First off, my husband is attached to my hip 90% of the time. When I go into the fabric stores (small town but we have 3 fabric shops) the owners love to see "HIM" coming. I would go in and purchase a few items ($10) but with him, I end up with $30-$50 in purchases. Does this happen to you?

Lynn
Sounds like a pretty good problem to have! He gets right into it, along with you. What a gem.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
If dh goes with me he stands and whines about everything,or complains.His favorite saying is"you dont need that" or "why dont you use some of what you;ve got"
I think we much be married to brothers.