Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do I really need a "Scrap Therapy" Class??? >

Do I really need a "Scrap Therapy" Class???

Do I really need a "Scrap Therapy" Class???

Old 09-08-2009, 08:42 PM

OK - good - I've just started making some Doll Quilts and postcards, and now realize what I can do with those small pieces. I used to give all mine away. Now I only give "some" away. They are fun to work with.

Talk about not throwing anything out - I had a pile of thread pieces that I just threw into a box that I keep by my sewing machine (you know those thread leads when you start to sew a seam that you cut off and the ones you end up with when you rip out a seam). I stuffed them all into a baggie and took them to a sewing guild "garage" sale with a little "free" sign and one of the ladies raced to the table to grab them. MORAL OF THIS STORY: Don't ever throw anything out. We should start a topic called: "Don't throw out - save for me . . ." That might be fun to see what others are looking for. What do you think?
Old 09-08-2009, 10:35 PM

For me, my scraps are my therapy. Especially when I get to play in a quiet room, all by myself (so no one hears me talking to myself)! Gwyn
Old 09-09-2009, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I would go to quiltville.com before I'd pay $25 for the "class" and then more money for additional classes. Bonnie(quiltville) is probably the best on scraps. My opinion.
My thoughts exactly!!! She is the Scrappy Queen!!!! And the best part.. she is FREE!!!!!!!! I have a pile of scraps myself and I go to her site for my inspiration. I am currently making my own crumb quilt. I have the main quilt top done, but I now am working on a crumb border. I haven't worked on that quilt for a few months since I moved to my house back in March. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon. Right now I have a few other irons on the fire to tackle first.