Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do posts get deleted on this forum? >

Do posts get deleted on this forum?

Do posts get deleted on this forum?

Old 01-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
standing nekkid in the mall
Who knows what I might say in this situation!! If I have nerve enough to do this in the first place I may just shout out anything! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mzsooz
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
standing nekkid in the mall
Who knows what I might say in this situation!! If I have nerve enough to do this in the first place I may just shout out anything! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you had enough nerve to do that, I'm sure you'd make the evening news, and then someone would post about that in the general chit-chat. So all would be well! lol
Old 01-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned

Here's my two cents - I love that the moderators take such a pro-active approach to keep these boards friendly and appropriate. I certainly don't mind when someone needs to rant a little and I'm happy to lend an ear. But if left unchecked, I've seen boards become nothing but b*tch fests. I'm not saying that would happen here, (this is one terrific bunch!) but keeping an eye on things will make sure it doesn't. I think our moderators here do a great job of balancing it all. :D
Old 01-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by quilting cat
I'm surprised that more of the criticism of Wal-Mart's deleting fabric departments has not been deleted.
we don't want to stiffle all discussion of things that make us unhappy as consumers. sometimes there's no way to make each other aware of trends, new policies, etc without being negative. there is also value in asking each other how things work in other communities.

so ... sometimes it serves a greater good in terms consumer education and protection. if it's factual, objective, educational, or otherwise helpful it doesn't have to come with puppies and balloons.

it's only when things start as, or turn into, pointless rants or bash-fests that we have to shut them down.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:13 PM

I think the moderators do a great job some boards I have visited have nothing but complaints on them and its nice to come somewhere that is a happy place like in childbirth to endure the pains you must go to your happy place. which makes no sense at all.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:21 PM

i ordered 8 yds of fabric from joans and got 9 yds no charge for last yard
Old 01-29-2011, 04:39 PM

Oh, Judy, you made me feel better. I stay on the Board so much but I "failed" miserably too!! Gotta be a good girl from now on. :) And I'm always such a stickler for rules.

Originally Posted by judy_68
You just have to follow the rules like I didn't do. lol. didnt realize you had to post so many times to sell things. oops. Rules are simple if you follow them. lol
Old 01-29-2011, 04:46 PM

I have been moved but (thankfully) never deleted. Although reading my PDA, all the grief there... lets just say I am grateful that the board "family" was there to help me thru it. I have read some snippy posts (and probably written some on a bad day). My only problem is I DON"T GET ANY SEWING DONE cause I am always on here. Thank You Moderators for keeping us on a (long) leash :)
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lhayes1976
I agree--taking my hand slap with dignity. I apologize if I offended. Promise to stay on the topic--I'll just rant to DH. He's used to it.
You are so funny!!! :D I'm cracking up at your comments.
I didn't see anything wrong with your original post at all but oh well.........