Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do these fabrics go together? >

Do these fabrics go together?

Do these fabrics go together?

Old 01-28-2012, 04:34 PM

The brown doesn't work for me. The other colors look like yellow and peach to me (could just be my monitor) however those are both warm colors. Perhaps think about adding a cool color like green or blue, be sure to make it a more intense shade to make the others pop.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:57 PM

Default color values

You need three values. Light, medium and dark. Change light brown to a dark brown, then it should work
Old 01-28-2012, 06:41 PM

I think they go together, but they are all medium value. It needs a really dark dark to add some spice, then you will have something.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM

I like all the fabric but think you need at least one or two additional that will add some contrast -- perhaps a lively print with a darker background or even an almost white that will add some sparkle.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 PM

I don't like the 2 greens together. I'd use one or the other. Are you adding a cream for the background?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:18 PM

Personally, if my monitor is showing the colors as they truly are, I would trade the solid rose for a blue print (like the blue in the adjacent piece) and remove the brown altogether. Maybe a cream tone-on-tone as the background color.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM

SEE everyone has a different opion but the only one that matters is yours if you like it use it. what i see on the web now days it doesn't matter much i see all kinds of combos and most of them look good. i often have problems getting in enough variety
Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 PM

Default Colors

Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns View Post
I am doing the block of the month on Craftsy. Do these fabrics look good together? Please be honest, they weren't expensive and I can put them in my stash if they don't. Also do you have other suggestions of what other fabrics and prints would look good

Janie[ATTACH=CONFIG]306687[/ATTACH]
I am doing the same block of the month. I think your colors go together but am concerned that you may not have enough contrast. If you print out your picture in grayscale you can determine how much value change you have in your colors. This will make a great deal of difference in how your quilt comes out.
Reta
Old 01-29-2012, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns View Post
I am doing the block of the month on Craftsy. Do these fabrics look good together? Please be honest, they weren't expensive and I can put them in my stash if they don't. Also do you have other suggestions of what other fabrics and prints would look good

Janie[ATTACH=CONFIG]306687[/ATTACH]
when making a quilt,the colors you use, should make you feel good about them, if not change them around, untill you do,the quilt is your master peice,go eith your fellings
Old 01-29-2012, 04:55 AM

everyone is seeing the color their monitor shows....i have some of that 4th (first in second row with tone on tone leaf) fabric and holding it to the screen....not the same color at all !!!!!!!!!