Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do us a favor please!! >
  • Do us a favor please!!

• Do us a favor please!!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:00 AM

I've also done the comments on the corporate website regarding various issues. We kept our fabric several years ago when they first started getting rid of it elsewhere due to the overwhelming volume of bombardment from local customers. I'm going to have to pester them about a few more stores nearby.
    Old 07-29-2011, 10:23 AM
    Power Poster

After the stores do get fabrics back, it will be important to buy enough there for them to want to keep the departments.
    Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks, I will have to call.
    Old 07-30-2011, 03:58 AM

I will surely buy enough, if,(big IF) there is someone available to cut it and I don't have to stand and ring the tiny bell for half an hour. Right now, our craft section is in one corner of the store and the fabric is in the opposing corner of the store,..like front to back. That has always been Walmarts problem and when they stated that it was not cost effective to have to have a paid person to cut the fabric and also the space that was taken up with fabric was not cost effective. What they failed to factor in was the fact that it would pay for the space and worker hours if, (BIG IF) there was always someone readily availabe to cut the fabric you wanted.
    Old 07-30-2011, 03:58 AM

i've got it back in my store, not as big a selection as it was before but maybe it will get there.....The best thing is they have lots of stablizers *LOL* Rita
    Old 07-30-2011, 04:24 AM

I will definitely call as I live in Warsaw too. I really miss the fabric department. What they available now is a joke.
    Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 AM

I get through all the prompts and then get a message that my call did not go through and to try again. UGH!!
    Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Yooper32
    I will surely buy enough, if,(big IF) there is someone available to cut it and I don't have to stand and ring the tiny bell for half an hour. Right now, our craft section is in one corner of the store and the fabric is in the opposing corner of the store,..like front to back. That has always been Walmarts problem and when they stated that it was not cost effective to have to have a paid person to cut the fabric and also the space that was taken up with fabric was not cost effective. What they failed to factor in was the fact that it would pay for the space and worker hours if, (BIG IF) there was always someone readily availabe to cut the fabric you wanted.
    And they also need to remember what customers might pick up to buy between the front of the store and the fabric dept?
    Old 07-30-2011, 06:12 AM

That's really odd - our WM always had someone to cut fabric - maybe this manager is just trying to keep costs down - approach him on this subject as well. It's stupid to have fabrics available, but no one to cut them!

Originally Posted by Yooper32
    Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 AM

Our store never lost the fabric department. But when people in our town learned about other stores losing theirs, they started a petition. Several thousand names were turned in to regional headquarters. Lots of calls and emails also. I really believe that is what saved this store.