Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Challenge yourself . . . . >

Do You Challenge yourself . . . .

Do You Challenge yourself . . . .

Old 01-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Banned

Yes, I definately challenge myself. My husband and I live on an island w/no stores or bridges 24/7/365. I have my studio and it is my refuge. However, I can't go to a lot of classes,etc. So, I have to PERSONALLY push myself to take it to the next step and finsih things.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Ive seen some amazing art-quilts and im trying to get to that point of quilting and keep the quilt usable also not just a show-piece.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:11 AM

I do try and push myself. This year applique is my to learn technique perhaps along with curved piecing...we shall see :-)
Hugs
April
Old 01-11-2010, 05:34 AM

I like to do a challenging quilt and then the next one I do something very simple and easy, that is why I am currently doing a log cabin. My last quilt had so many little pieces in it I wanted something that would just go together quickly.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:49 AM

Every quilt I make I look for something new to try, a challenge of some sort, or something more difficult than I've done before. I like learning new things. It keeps my quilting fresh and fun. My 'new' criteria could involve piecing, appliqué, or quilting. Even just a new, thicker batting, or wholecloth. Anything qualifies. It's also why

I like doing the LA quilting for Soldier quilts - always something new and interesting to see or a new place to practice/learn new quilting motifs. And it challenges me to work on quilts that I personally would never make, for whatever reason, so that's fun as well. It sure causes me to think outside my normal box :)

At the same time as I'm looking for new or challenging things to work on the machines with, I'm also looking for the same thing by hand. I like to do handwork with hubby in the den in the evenings, so this is another opportunity for me to learn something new/better my skillset.

I really enjoy this part of quilting!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

I started a Grandmothers Flower Garden. All by hand. It's slow but I'm enjoying it.