Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you dream about your sewing stuff? >

Do you dream about your sewing stuff?

Do you dream about your sewing stuff?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:45 AM
tmg

I dream about what I'm working on all the time. It seems that I dream about who much I want to get done the next day. I can never wait to see what it looks like so I just dream about it.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:19 AM

I also dream of the projects I'm working on. However, if I'm having a design problem I set the project aside and mentally put my brain to work on it. Many times, I find the solution to my problem just pops into my mind as I'm doing something mundane like driving or cooking.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 AM

I dream about finishing all my UFO"s. Or is that a nightmare?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:05 AM

I dream of sewing machines, will often dream of the next project & the dream tells me which sewing machine to use.
Many years ago I had a vivid, real type dream that the walls of the living room of the house where we then lived were lined with sewing machines.
So a couple of moves later we retired into a house with a large finished basement that became my sewing room-I have 10 sewing machines set up & my sewing friends come over for charity sewing projects.
Many of the machines are rescued homeless machines that DH & I have rehabbed & they sew beautifully.
Because we have had so many transfers I also have disturbing dreams of moving into a new house, usually can't find my clothes or sewing machine or bathroom.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I didnt dream at all last night. I guess finding out I'm not alone really helped. LOL. This was the first time in a long time.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:43 AM

I dreamed all night all about a new project I am starting. I hate it because I think I should wake up with the quilt finished with the amount of work I put into it during the night!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 AM

i only dream about them when i have a problem with one which is all the time lol
Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 AM

I've been meaning to ask about this too. I don't actually remember dreaming about quilting but when I get into my "quilting mode" I have trouble sleeping because I lie awake designing quilts. I always wondered if other quilters do this.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Glenda Kay
I've been meaning to ask about this too. I don't actually remember dreaming about quilting but when I get into my "quilting mode" I have trouble sleeping because I lie awake designing quilts. I always wondered if other quilters do this.
Yes, I do this too. I thought I was weird but apparently not. I thought who lies awake at night designing quilts!? I dream about quilting especially when I am not able to get in there and quilt as much as I want to. Felt guilty yesterday as my daughter and a bunch of friends came over to visit and I found myself wishing they would leave so I could get back to my quilting. Now thats having it bad! Bad Mommy...lol
Old 06-06-2010, 08:08 AM

Yes, I do that too! I feel better now that I know I'm not the only one that becomes obsessed at times. LOL