Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you dream about your sewing stuff? >

Do you dream about your sewing stuff?

Do you dream about your sewing stuff?

Old 06-09-2010, 05:37 PM

I also dream of quilting sometimes problem solving comes by way of my dreams. I have often waked up and grabbed a pen and pad to write down some thought or to sketch a design that i will one day use in a quilt. I also sometimes write a bit of poetry to go with certain projects. I really like the dreams when I am getting huge loads of fabrics an books! TeeHee
Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by cjomomma
The reason I ask is because I dream about each quilt I am working on. Last night I dreamed that my sewing machine was also an embrodery machine. Imagine my disappointment when I woke up. Am I the only one that has these kind of dreams or am I just an addict?
I had misplaced my Manuel for my machine. Well I found it today and was trying to find out how to drop my feed dogs. Well I found out that can't drop them but I can do embroirdery on my sewing machine. I can't wait to try it.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Banned

I dream about how I want them to look. God bless. Penny
Old 06-10-2010, 05:37 AM

I dream of fabrics and patterns. I also often have great dreams of designs too.

On occasion when I have been cutting out hundreds of hexigans for English Paper Piecing - I have dreamed of cuttign my clothes into hexies!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
The reason I ask is because I dream about each quilt I am working on. Last night I dreamed that my sewing machine was also an embrodery machine. Imagine my disappointment when I woke up. Am I the only one that has these kind of dreams or am I just an addict?
You are an addict! Ha! Ha! Sounds like its time to save up for one-I must say it was one of the best purchases I ever made.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:05 PM

Almost everynight I dream about my sewing and quilting projects. Lately my dreams have been filled with EQ7 and fabric!Hubby is getting me EQ7 at the end of the month.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:13 PM

I've had a recurring dream. I dream constantly that I am searching my deceased grandmother's house for a quilt that we made together.

Background that would be helpful:
when I graduated from HS and was accepted into college, I lived with my grandmother for two years because she lived near the college town. It was a good cost-effective option for me and my family. She was my best friend for those two years and was more of a positive inspiration to me than my parents or siblings or anything to do with my first 17 years up to that point. We did not sew together at all. (However, we wallpapered my room together; she taught me how to cook and eat nutriously; and she went for two mile walks with me EVERY evening, winter and summer so we could both keep to our fitness goals. I don't know why I keep having that dream about searching for 'our' lost quilt. There isn't a quilt to be found in reality. She passed away about seven years ago, and I hadn't started quilting then.

I know that she had a sewing machine, because when I was 10 years old and visited her for a week she made a doll outfit for my doll. But she didn't quilt.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you for all the dream stories. I have read each and everyone. I have thoroughly enjoyed this. Thank you again.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Kas

I just had a horrible dream a couple of nights ago. I dreamt I had made a beautiful pink and white dresden plate for a friends daughter. She was having a garage sale and sold it for $40 just as I was walking up the drive. I was so angry and hurt. It seemed so real! I woke up mad at her. And then I struggled to remember if I really had made that quilt. Of course I hadn't, but it just was so vivid and painful. I hope I never go through that! Yikes!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
I've had a recurring dream. I dream constantly that I am searching my deceased grandmother's house for a quilt that we made together.

Background that would be helpful:
when I graduated from HS and was accepted into college, I lived with my grandmother for two years because she lived near the college town. It was a good cost-effective option for me and my family. She was my best friend for those two years and was more of a positive inspiration to me than my parents or siblings or anything to do with my first 17 years up to that point. We did not sew together at all. (However, we wallpapered my room together; she taught me how to cook and eat nutriously; and she went for two mile walks with me EVERY evening, winter and summer so we could both keep to our fitness goals. I don't know why I keep having that dream about searching for 'our' lost quilt. There isn't a quilt to be found in reality. She passed away about seven years ago, and I hadn't started quilting then.

I know that she had a sewing machine, because when I was 10 years old and visited her for a week she made a doll outfit for my doll. But she didn't quilt.
Too many Elm Creek Quilt books! Just kidding. I think you are just mourning her loss and maybe the fact that you never got to make a quilt with her.