Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever get that feeling----- >

Do you ever get that feeling-----

Do you ever get that feeling-----

Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

I hope your arm is better soon. I get that same sad feeling sometimes too.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:51 PM

I don't think I've ever felt sad when I finished a quilt, and with a couple of them I was so doggone happy I did a happy dance. I always have several going at the same time so I guess that's a good thing. I surely hope your arm is better soon!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:53 PM

Oh so sorry about the broken arm. Can you get someone to cut for you? I cut for a couple of friends--one has eye sight problem and the other arthritis.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 PM

Thanks, all, for the good wishes for my arm. I am going to therapy and it is getting better. I had to have surgery so it will be several weeks before I can use it properly. I can use it a little. I finished a UFO on the machine tonight - thus the topic. I have several tops to finish (sandwich and quilt)but can't yet. I had just put one on the frame when I had my accident. I can't hand quilt because I can't turn my arm palm up. Oh, the wait. But on the bright side - it was my left arm and I am right-handed.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:58 PM

As the others have said, I'm sorry about your arm! Wishing speedy healing to you! Sometimes I enjoy a project so much that I'm sad when it's done.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:00 PM

Hope you heal real soon and hopefully you can find someone close by to cut for you until you do. :)
Old 01-15-2011, 04:20 AM

BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU START BACK MAKING QUILTS!!!! Several years ago, I broke my left wrist. Had surgery but couldn't wait to get back to quilting....and couldn't bend my left wrist yet.....so I laid my whole left forearm on the ruler to rotary cut with my right hand as usual......and didn't notice that my left thumb was hanging a little off the ruler. Almost cut off the corner of my thumb! It was a deep slice but I treated it with peroxide, wrapped it in paper towels and then duct tape (to keep the blood off my fabric, of course!). All was OK in the end but it was scary. Being an addicted quilter, of course I didn't let that slow me down----but I was more careful. Just watch closely if you start inventing ways to get back to quilting!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:33 AM

am almost finished with a top now but am taking my time. Super excited about next project ( 30s prints ) but everything cost so much, I am trying to take my time and just enjoy the whole process. plus, I get tired of always having to hurry. I do not feel sad then project finished, I feel great!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by trueimage
Buy a precut kit!!!!
I'll second that! Sorry bout your arm and hope it heals well.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:18 AM

Sorry to hear about your arm, hope it heals quickly. When I finish a quilt top, the first thing I usually do is clean my sewing room and get things ready for the next one. I already know what its going to be and can't wait to get started!!