Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you find it difficult to stick to sewing one thing? >

Do you find it difficult to stick to sewing one thing?

Do you find it difficult to stick to sewing one thing?

Old 09-20-2013, 12:26 PM

I like having a couple/few going on at once, or at least thinking/planning on more than one.

I actually normally just work on one or two at the same time, at least until I get the top done. Then I usually let the top "rest" (like yeast dough) while I work on another one and then finally do the quilting when I'm in the mood and have batting!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:27 PM

Seriously? You're asking a quilter this question? I thought that was part of our genetic make-up. I not only have several quilting projects going at one time, I'm usually quilting while the tomatoes are simmering, the bread is rising, I'm giving my daughter practical advice, I'm designing and sewing a kitchen ensemble, I'm buying more fabric online, solving all of the world's problems and snuggling with my hunny-bunny. Oh yeah...and eating, of course.

~ Cindy
Old 09-20-2013, 12:37 PM

YES!!! I usually have several projects going at one time..not only quilting but hand embroidery, felt kits, crochet...I do have a few times a year that I get "a hold of myself" and make myself finish projects...but I still have so many to go...I say with all of the ufos I have I really should live in Roswell.... I admire people who finish their projects in a timely manner!
K
Old 09-20-2013, 02:40 PM

I have so many ufo's, I don't have any idea how many but do plan on finishing them eventually. I get side tracked every time I see something else I want to make. I know the fabric won't always be there so I buy it. It is so much fun to get a new kit. My DD likes to sew so if I never get to it she will have it.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:22 PM

It's always nice to start a project and see it finished in a short time. But I for one can get tired of a project way too soon for it to be done, I try to tell myself Donna, reward yourself after finishing the one you started!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:22 PM

I was finishing two quilt projects and feeling quite good about working on plans for my next creation when my DD called and asked if I would make a 6' teepee for my DGS (he's 1). All things are now on hold til I get this "new" project worked out on paper & then actually create it ! Different things come up all the time.... I love it !
Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 PM

My god, I wish my husband was not sleeping. I do the same thing and all I hear out of him is aren't you going to finish the other ones you started. I would like to hurt him every time he says that to me
Old 09-21-2013, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 View Post
ahh...you have found your passion! Tell us, what is a pinafore purse?
Please do tell us about the pinafore purse!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:12 AM

I would say you have a creative mind and you are exploring what is on your mind.

Quilting/Sewing becomes much more enjoyable when we are working on a project that gets us excited to start, finish, dream about creating, and most of all think about who we are planning to give our works of art.

I think you get inspired to work on many projects because you are creative and giving and Yes...passionate about your sewing!