Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you find that you spend to time here when you should be doing....

Quote Originally Posted by Dina
    Yes, I am definitely addicted to this forum. It is just so interesting!!
    Oh yes, Dina and all you quilters out there, this place is addicting, now if my yard and house did not get in the way, I would be here even MORE. Love it, just great!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, I spend way too much time here when I should be sewing. We won't discuss house work :) But I have learned sooooo much.

in my house we put up a chore chart so everyone knows what chores they need to get done. That gives me more time to learn those little tips everyone has and more time to quilt.

in my house we put up a chore chart so everyone knows what chores they need to get done. That gives me more time to learn those little tips everyone has and more time to quilt.

Yup, that s why I am now getting up a half hour earlier, just to see whats going on.

Blog Entries
    Yes it takes me about 4 hours to read it all.

I can't wait on the days that this forum comes to my eamil. I spend close to 2 hours on it each time. The information shared is wonderful as well as meeting so many talented and creative quilters. Each quilt that is pictured is stored in my memory so that I too can make one!! I have gained so much useful information and always have a big supply of starch on hand now - lol. WOuld love to meet each and everyone one of you.

Ditto on all thee above, I spend way to much time on the board or anything else on the computer. I take breaks and have to find out what is going on. I have two computers, one in kitchen and one in sewing room, do I get much done. Thats a big nope, but I sure know whats on my computers lol.

Rita

Did you ever think that this board is an education? We're not wasting time here, we're learning. I could get my "quilting degree" in another two or three years.

This is my contact with the "outside world". We are retired so I'm in no hurry to get to other things. My family is "scattered" all over the USA so I also talk to them by e-mail in the morning - after I read all the quilting board.

Blog Entries
    Oh, yes. way too much time.

Dkm
    All I can say is this is a must for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who can start without it. I do find that I am starting to read more than comment.

I have been a member of two online quilt groups prior to this one and neither kept me wanting to come back for more like this one. There is just so much great information and the interaction is like conversing with old friends. I have a day job at a medical billing company, but I am here on my breaks and lunchtime. I love it!

I just found this site a week ago and I've logged too many hours to count. It is so interesting learning from others. I've never taken a quilting class, but with a site like this, my education of quilting is increasing! It is addicting!

community benefactor
    I too spend a lot of time here and investigating links that I find. One link leads to another. There is such interesting info and beautiful pics available, I don't know when to stop. My "want to make" list gets larger, but I don't get to the sewing machine. I am going to try to make reading this board my thing to do when sitting in the evenings.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I too spend too much time here. But I am trying to get better at when I am on here. I eat my breakfast & lunch here at the computer. I have learned a lot of great ideas since I joined a month ago. This weekend I won't be on it much because I have two dresses to make for a client; have to make the pattern first, so will need complete concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by bonniedip
    Does someone actually read the chore chart? We have one and none of us read it (me included) I would rather be here or in my sewing room.

Blog Entries
    It's just me & DH, so I'm the only one to do...or not to do....chores :)

Yes, I spend too much time on here, but I love it. Since I work from home and on the computer all day I get on here in between loans (mortgage loans that I draw), and sometimes I will actually do some quilting at my desk (quilt by hand). I have learned so much and we all laugh, cry and share together. I am lost on the weekends 'cuz I do not turn my computer on, and come Monday morning once I clean out my emails I get on here and see what I have missed. Like I have said before, I just need to interact a little more than I do.

Yep, to much time enjoying everyones contributions. The upside is that rather than boring family and friends with quilting talk I can come here and enjoy.

This Board is a learning experience for me. I dont consider it wasted time, but I do get my laundry, dishes and bedroom done up before I attack the computer or sewing machine. Just takes so much discipline.

I tell myself every night that I will not get on here and spend too much time. I get up each morning and go straight to my email and this board and I am lost for hours. I should be sewing!!

Blog Entries
    With the Iphone I can check the board anytime I have a few minutes. It's great for when I'm stuck in a waiting room at anyplace boring. I don't have to check my emails or this board so much when I'm home and can be doing other things.

Oh yeah, all my free time seems to draw me into this forum. I have learned so much from reading everything from audio books to steam cleaning with all the wonderful quilters here. Thanks for asking!

Blog Entries
    I spend to much time here but i enjoy every minute of it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast