Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you find that you spend to time here when you should be doing....

Yes I spend too much time here. Love it and have learned so much.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I to find myself here when I should be sewing, but I just love all of you so much, I can't stay away :D God bless.

I have to tell you, I love this sight. I can spend hours on it. I guess there are worse thing a person could do with their time.

So glad I'm not the only one spending to much time on this site. Normally I at least make the bed and do the dishes, but not today. Ah well the housework won't be going anywhere and did take borrowed dog for long walk.

Junior Member ProLongarmARTQUILTER's Avatar
    When I should be doing that quilt, mmmmm? Yes

I too spend way to much time her but I enjoy all the suggestions, information and even laughs! I just haven't been focused, lately, on my quilting. I have so many that need to be quilted but my preference is for piecing. No I can't afford to send them all outto be quilted.:)

Since I'm a night owl..I'm on all night! Yes I spend too much time here! I have really learned alot though...each section is full of great tips, pictures, sales and fun letters. I love all the pretty quilts, pets, kids, husbands and wives pics, LOVE the pictures section.
    Love the stashes that people find on Craigslist, yard sales, goodwill etc. Love the sewing machine collections! The messy sewing rooms, the NEAT sewing rooms, the organizing ideas.
    I love anything about quilts and quilting. so it's a joy to be here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dina
    Yes, I am definitely addicted to this forum. It is just so interesting!!
    Yes, me, too. I can sometime spend 3 hrs. in the morn. on here. That's one advantage of living alone now. I get excited when I see that "Konstantin" email. It's also fun to ck out all of the links. There is no end to some of them. One leads to another whole list of them. Such fun.

Power Poster
    Yes I feel that way too. I tell myself I won't be on for too long but it is so much fun and so informative that I just have to stay on here.

I get on here nearly 3 times a day. Morning, lunch time and night. i first go on facebook and play the few games I do then to the emails. After deleting the junk mail I come here for about 2 hours. I have to thank every one because when I had panic attacks last week, reading all your stories etc helped me to relax enough to go to bed at 2.30am. I would not miss reading your thoughts and opinions as I too am learning more things every day. i have been quilting for 10 years now. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I am always on here when I should be sleeping.. I stay up way way too late at night reading and responding... But it's so much fun.. and I learn so much.. I hate to stop just to sleep.. but then the next morning comes and I say to myself.. gotta quit doing that and go to bed, tonight I will.. But I don't.. Here is is 12:18 am and I'm still here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dina
    Yes, I am definitely addicted to this forum. It is just so interesting!!
    I used to be adicted to facebook now I don't have time I am too busy looking here

I do spend a lot of time on here. Wish I could reply to all posts especially in Pictures and Introductions. I feel guilty only replying to some.Unfortunately work and housework does get in the way oh, and I do have to find some time to actually do some quilting.
    Colleen

Yes Joan, I'am right there with you, quilting comes first ! I retired last year at the age of 67 and took up quilting, and it has taken over my live. I love it !!!!!!!!!

Oh YES!

Hey guys!! I have the same problem so I have been brainstorming(this could get scary!!) tee heee, Lets consider this SCHOOL and since so many of us give so much away we could call it a Divine Calling, and then we can get it sanctioned by the church and blessed and our time seen here as protected by the church and and and... if I dont get burned at the stake for blasphemy ! No joke , since I am a bit intense in personality my dear Pastor once told me (TRUTH) when I feel stressed I should just go work on a quilt!!! i asked him if I could get that in writing!!!

Judie, I amd with you there,too, Sleeping is such a waste of time!!! I talk in my sleep and have been known to walk in my sleep I need to think of all nite quilting and sleeping as multi- tasking!! Better put up a warning sign on sewing room door, tho, Armed and dangerous or some such...

I'm going to request that on another forum - Armed and Dangerous". I love it.
    Dodee

I should be getting all the scrapes etc and other things off the floor, but here I am. Must take a break from here and get a few chores done. So much to do and to read. One of these days I will become an organized person.
    but would that be fun or not.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I do spend more time here than doing other things! There is so much to read and look at on this site!

I agree with you. One can spend hours here :-)
    I'm just learning how to navigate here.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyMN
    I just found this site a week ago and I've logged too many hours to count. It is so interesting learning from others. I've never taken a quilting class, but with a site like this, my education of quilting is increasing! It is addicting!

Welcome Judy, from South Louisiana.

me too.

Yes.....yes......& yes!

I love this forum. I feel like some of you are personal friends because I see your posts and pictures daily. I know I should be doing something else but I have to check on my friends!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast