Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Do You Find Yourself Passing on a Lot of Patterns?

I went crazy when I first started quilting - printed every free pattern I could find. I am now a lot more discriminating about printing everything - my ink and toner bill was enormous. Every so often I go through my patterns (not just quilting - knitting, crocheting, cross stitch) and sort out the ones I think I will never really do. I'm a big hit at work when I bring in the box full of "won't do's" - especially if I have even purchased some of the supplies for the project and I include them in it.

I pass on a lot of quilts as I have so many that I want to do already. It really needs to talk to me to buy or print it out.

I have two 4-inch binders with my favorite patterns cut out from magazines. I don't buy magazines anymore--it's a waste of my money, but if my friends pass along a used magazine, I cut out what I like and give the magazine to someone who wants it.

I find that I really have to like it now before I buy it. or it has to be a technique that I want to learn. I bought the glacier star pattern for the techniques that it is supposed to teach. But other then that I decided I bought EQ7 I better use it.

Power Poster
    Money is tight so patterns are bought less and less.

Blog Entries
    That is some pattern! I agree about EQ7.....if I were starting out, would buy & use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
    I find that I really have to like it now before I buy it. or it has to be a technique that I want to learn. I bought the glacier star pattern for the techniques that it is supposed to teach. But other then that I decided I bought EQ7 I better use it.

Blog Entries
    I only need to live another 347 years to get to the ones I already want to do....

Blog Entries
    Yup. Being selective since time and money are in short supply. You do what you gotta do!

Quote Originally Posted by plainpat
    Don't know if it's just a case of laziness or what,but I'm not choosing to make a lot of the patterns I see.
    The pics are pretty,but is it full of HSTs? How many seams?Is it a... so-called easy quilt? Been there & done that.....didn't work easy for me.
    Seems like my mind has to dissect a pattern before I'll consider it.Maybe too many HSTs have just worn me out? ;) :lol:
    We don't pass them on, but we share them. When we go to the fabric shop we'll take some quilt patterns to get fabric that we need extra colors for. Other quilters around here do the same thing. The shop owner has a copier and we exchange patterns,but don't give them away.We also help each other find the color and fabrics we're looking for.

Like the easy ones.

Blog Entries
    Lucky,lucky you, having a quilt shop where you can do that.

We don't pass them on, but we share them. When we go to the fabric shop we'll take some quilt patterns to get fabric that we need extra colors for. Other quilters around here do the same thing. The shop owner has a copier and we exchange patterns,but don't give them away.We also help each other find the color and fabrics we're looking for.[/quote]

Pat, is that a picture of a quilt you have done in your avatar or is it just a picture. If it is a quilt could you send me the name of the pattern?
    Robin in TX

Blog Entries
    Sorry, it's just a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by rob529
    Pat, is that a picture of a quilt you have done in your avatar or is it just a picture. If it is a quilt could you send me the name of the pattern?
    Robin in TX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3