Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you get any sewing done now that you are addicted to this site? >

Do you get any sewing done now that you are addicted to this site?

Do you get any sewing done now that you are addicted to this site?

Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 PM

Glad to see I am not alone in realizing the amount of time spent on here but I justify it by saying it is my education time. I am new at quilting and have learned so much since finding this site. So its a good thing right? Learning is always a good thing. Ok, ok, cleaning house, sewing and cooking is also good but not nearly as much fun as this site with all you great people. I have made some nice friends on here. So I am addicted, count me in. :)
Old 10-26-2010, 05:57 PM

Not as much as i should be getting done because the least amout of time i spend on here is a hour
Old 10-26-2010, 06:17 PM

Almost every day I tell myself that when I get home from work I am going to make some time and do some sewing as for I am way behind making my gifts. Well once I sit done in front of the computor it is all over. Nothing done. And sometimes I do catch myself that when I am sewing I will go to the computor a time or two. This is soo addicting. But am blessed that I have many friends here.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

i figured out a long time ago that if i want to get anything done i have to be organized and stay on a (loose-schedule) i set timers...all the time. if i get on the computer i set the timer for 45 minutes...i figure 45 minutes is long enough to be sitting doing anything at one time...so when the timer goes off (mine beeps once with a 1 minute warning) i shut down and go do something else...i may come back a couple hours later for another 45 minutes. i also set the timer when i am sewing or quilting. when the timer goes off i get up and walk around, get a drink, maybe a snack, run any errands read the mail, make calls...at least 15 minutes before i go back to what i was doing. it has really been helpful for me to accomplish what i need to and i do not get so fatigued or stiff/sore.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:52 AM

I am trying to cut back on how many times I go on the board. I get on in the morning and go thru all the new posts and then later in the after noon. I just have so much to do and finish and time is ticking away!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
I am sitting in an infusuion room for 6 hours a day with DH while he gets his chemo. I am getting lots of applique done, and making many new friends
You are in my prayers and strength and love directed your way.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:56 AM

I limit my computer time to one hour per day. That keeps me caught up on this site, check email, facebook, and my bank account up to date.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 AM

I sit in the same chair whether I am sewing or on the computer. My chair has wheels. LOL
Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 AM

Gull, same here, a lot of times I could be getting a lot more sewing done, but have to see what everybody's talkin about on here, afraid to miss something good!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 AM

I have to make myself leave the computer. It's in my sewing room which makes it worse, but I will never sew if I don't control myself. I get more ideas here and have learned more about sewing and quilting than I could have learned from all the quilting books in the world. And if I was reading all those books, I would have even less time to sew!