Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you get any sewing done now that you are addicted to this site?

I am finding that I do not do as much sewing since I have been addicted to this site, I am afraid I will miss something good! I have projects started but just stop and read read read here am I going bonkers? Someone make me get back to work!

"Get back to work!!!"

We all have the same problem. I'm on here in between projects in my two houses. I work slooooooow!

Can't wait until December when my hubby has promised me December in our new home and time to sew!!!!

Blog Entries
    Ok take you hands off the keyboard- turn off the monitor and walk away-- uuuhhh ---uuhhh no looking back---- turn it off-- that is good now take some baby steps away -- start out slowly and work up your time away -- start a minute- then two- til you have chunks of time away :wink:

ok now I am back to surging-- all this applies only to the very strong willed and that ain't me :lol: LOL

Ok Sharon it is not working!!! I tried I really did!

cjk
    yes we spend to much time here but who would inspire us if we didn't?

Ok it is paper piecing, I'st piece I sewed up side down next one to short, what the heck! I will stay here I guess!

I sew until my hands get tired or my eyes or what ever reason I can think of to stop for a rest. Then I RUN to the computer to see what everybody else is doing.

I feel the same way ~ I just love seeing everyone's new creations, love reading all of the tips and love the chance to add some new fabric to my collection :) I'm sooooooooo happy to be here but yes... I am getting less done but am more motivated.. does that make sense??

Yes! I am motivated, just can't move to the other chair! And it is sew frustrating to have to rip those tiny stitches! So here I sit!!

Blog Entries
    I have the worse set up of all. The chair I use to sew is the same chair that's at the computer. The sewing machine and computer are side by side! What's a girl to do?

WEll I guess it depends on the day but I am here most of the time. occasionally I move over about 4 feet to the machine and them come back after a seam or two to see if I missed anything! I heed a 12 step program for this site!!

ditto to all that has been said already! cept my puter is on my cutting table, which is opposite my sewing machine! I had a high speed computer which got malware, so I got one of those little Acer's which is quite slow. Now I am glad cuz I get a little done while I'm waiting for the screen to change :thumbup:
    How's that for multi-tasking!LOL
    t
    (Tracy50)

Blog Entries
    Yes.....I'm doing more posting,talking more about quilts, saving lots of pics, patterns & tips.All that cuts into making quilts. Ah,well....already have a stack of UFOs :-)

NO! I don't get nearly as much as I want done. It seems like when I get a free minute, I have to see what I have missed instead of catching up on what I am supposed to be doing. I am doing a quilt a long with the group for the farmer's wife sampler and only have 4 out of 25 (Ithink that is the number they are on) done. Man, I need to get away from this site for a full week to catch up on everything ;o)

Yes. Only because my home cumputer has a virus so I can only be on here from work. :)

I've sat in front of this computer for two solid months. The only thing that I accomplished is to buy more stuff. Someone talks about a certain pattern or a gadget and there I am on-line purchasing it.

I am addicted to this site as well. I try to sew and then if I go upstairs to get something to eat or drink I have to stop at the computer and see what's new. Wouldn't want to miss anything! LOL I have met so many wonderful people and have bought such nice things from this site. The patterns have been great and the fabrics are to die for but I really need to get back to sewing or I'll be the one getting coal in my stocking for Xmas because I won't have any of my gifts finished. A note to my secret santa partner - I have just about got your gift package ready. Just waiting for 1 more parcel to arrive and then I can get it packed up and on its merry way to you. Some things just can't wait!!!!!!

I know I spend to much time on here.
    But I'm afraid I'll miss something.
    Ideas, pictures, hints, and anything else.

Miss someone else's post they might have something to say we could learn from.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    How can we not check this board every five min !!!!- there's so much information, so many pictures of quilts that have now added to our own TO-DO list, tricks of the trade from the Quilting gods here and so many wonderful people to chat with.. Who'd wanna miss all that?!?!?!?!?! Uh, Not me!!

See ya in five..

Blog Entries
    lately this site has been my 'resting' place.

Like today, I just spent 6 hours outside 'closing up' the yard for winter. It's unusually warm 70-75 degrees! Now I'm here eating popcorn and seeing what everyone is up to.

Sewing/quilty stuff has taken a back seat for a while.
    Gotta get things done so I can PLAY in peace and without guilt.

I have made myself do some sewing, then I can get on this site. If I don't do something creative then I can't play on my computer. I really, really try to keep to this. :?:

Blog Entries
    this site keeps me motivated! Love to see what everyone is doing!

after about 4 weeks of starting I finally had got the courage to sew again!!! now I look at this board at night before bed!!

OK this is what you do: You find a sewing buddy (preferably one that has NEVER HEARD of this site!) (and DON'T tell them about it either!) to set up Quilt Sweat Shop with. Then you sew together and never look at the computer while the sweat shop is open!!!! Good Luck!

I only wish I could find a sewing buddy! I live in the boonies and everyone knows that this is my life right now!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast