Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Get Quilting Spam ? >

Do You Get Quilting Spam ?

Do You Get Quilting Spam ?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:07 PM

I've only ordered fabric from a couple on line shops,plus a couple from shops that didn't work out (orders were cancelled).Still, I've started getting sale ads from a lot of quilt shops I've never heard of. never ordered from.

Most shops say they don't sell your addy.If that is so, where did they get my addy? I delete them as they come,but wish I could stop the spam.Maybe I can write a letter & send it to each? Who knows, might bring even more spam. :roll:
Old 11-15-2010, 04:10 PM

My adware keeps that junk from hitting my mailbox. It's been working really well. It's called SuperAntiSpyWare.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:10 PM

Have you participated in a FabShop Hop?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:11 PM

I've received several e-mails lately & don't know why I received them. I have not purchased quilt items online for a while now. When I e-mail back & ask why I received the e-mail, I don't get a response.

My current issue is with BestBuy.com. I purchased something last month that I had to return because they sent the wrong thing. Now I get almost daily e-mails from promoting their sales. When you click on the "unsubscribe" button at the bottem, it just hangs & you don't get to where you can unsubscribe.

Originally Posted by justme2
I've only ordered fabric from a couple on line shops,plus a couple from shops that didn't work out (orders were cancelled).Still, I've started getting sale ads from a lot of quilt shops I've never heard of. never ordered from.

Most shops say they don't sell your addy.If that is so, where did they get my addy? I delete them as they come,but wish I could stop the spam.Maybe I can write a letter & send it to each? Who knows, might bring even more spam. :roll:
Old 11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

I use Google Gmail and never get spam. I don't know how gmail does it but no spam gets through at all. I have all my email accounts sent to one gmail account and it filters out all the spam. Family has one email address for me, groups a different one, online shops another and so forth. No one knows the email address they all are forwarded to, except DH.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:19 PM

If you have the time, usually at the bottom of every email is a place to opt-out. A lot of times if you opt-out of one it will take you out of the other ones. I like all my quilt junk mail, but so many others I don't, so I did spend one morning just opting out. It seems to have worked, so now when I get one, I just do it right away.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:41 PM

I subscribed to two quilt magazines and get email AND mail AND PHONE CALLS!!! from a variety of publishers. That alone will cause me to not renew any subscription. I am livid.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:49 PM

I hope I don't jinx myself by saying that I don't get any quilting spam. I have only ordered from a few well-know online stores (Fabric.com, Connecting Threads, etc.). I have Yahoo and most, if not all, spam seems to go straight to the spam folder. I do check it from time to time because some non-spam email ends up there.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:08 PM

I have a Mac and love the fact that I get no spam. Of course, it doesn't work the E7 without a lot of software I don't have. Can't beat it for no spam.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I use Google Gmail and never get spam. I don't know how gmail does it but no spam gets through at all. I have all my email accounts sent to one gmail account and it filters out all the spam. Family has one email address for me, groups a different one, online shops another and so forth. No one knows the email address they all are forwarded to, except DH.
BellaBoo, same here. I love Gmail, very happy with it!