Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
To MimiSharon ... and All Military Parents >

To MimiSharon ... and All Military Parents

To MimiSharon ... and All Military Parents

Old 01-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Your soldier is a hero. Whether in a combat zone, or in a supporting role somewhere else, He/She keeps me safe and free.

Guess what ...

You're a hero, too.

After all, you passed on the values that inspired your Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine to "lay it all on the line" to protect the rest of us.

My heartfelt prayers and infinite gratitude to all of you.

From an Army Veteran and Proud Mom of a Senior Airman.
(He isn't in combat, but is a Medical Tech in Germany. Among other things, he and his comrades care for the wounded on their way back to the States.)
Old 01-30-2007, 05:24 AM

Patrice, I will second this for sure. Our military men and women and their families are in my prayers and I say THANK YOU to all of them!! We just lost our pastor as he was called back in to active duty. He is in training right now but scheduled to deploy to Iraq in June.
Gay
Old 01-30-2007, 05:30 AM

I too am a praying and grateful American.
kathy
Old 01-30-2007, 06:06 AM

What a wonderful tribute to the worthiest and most deserving of our praise and our prayers. Thank you to all of our dedicated military members and their families, who sacrifice more than we can imagine. And you moms and wives, husbands, dads, and children, are heroes in my book, too. Sometimes, being the support they need is harder than being there yourselves. We need to remember these families, not only in our prayers, but in our daily lives. We can support our military by being there for these families, giving them help and love and doing for them what they need. We are all in this war together. May they all come home soon.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:20 AM

Thank y'all so much! You sure know how to touch my heart. I pray daily for all the other military and their families also. It's really hard to be at "home" in our comfort zone and have our children be in danger or anywhere in the world but with us. No matter what age they are!

I'm very proud of my son and he's very proud of his men. They are like his children and he was so happy to introduce them to me the week before he left for Iraq. He has served willingly and proudly since 1988. This is the second war in that country for him. But he believes in what he's doing and I believe in him!

Thank you again and to the other moms, dads, family members I say Thank you and God Bless each and every one of the men, women, and the family members.
:thumbup:
Old 02-01-2007, 04:03 PM

We pray at every church service we have for all of the soldiers and ask every one to pray at home for them also. After all where or what would we all be without them?
Misty
Old 02-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Thanks, Misty. I belong to a group of ladies that pauses every day at noon for prayer as a group around the world to pray for the military and their families. Prayer does help and it sure saves lives!
Sharon
Old 11-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

We are so proud of you all and your families. The entire family makes a sacrifice. You are special people and the reason I am safe. Thanks for all that you do and have done. You are always in my prayers.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:27 AM

Patrice, this is so very true and thank you for reminding everyone of all the sacrifices made by families of members of the armed services and every person in a supporting role no matter what it is to help serve and protect our beloved country.