Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a favorite Quilt and if so Why? >

Do you have a favorite Quilt and if so Why?

Do you have a favorite Quilt and if so Why?

Old 06-20-2022, 02:58 AM

The purple and rose color one I made for my mom when she had breast cancer, she loved it for a year before she passed away.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:15 AM

My favorite quilt was one that long ago challenged me in its lay out, my first barn raising. Then I started speeding along with free motion quilting only to find after I finished the whole quilt that I made many, many tucks and folds of on the back and most of the stitches were peppered with "eye lashes". I had to "un-stitch" all of the quilting. It is just a throw size, but to me it was a massive task. I repeated the sandwich and quilting with much better results. This quilt is not special to any one but me but after spending so much time with this quilt, I love it all the more.
Attached Thumbnails 2013-12-28-barn-raising-resized.jpg  
Old 06-20-2022, 04:10 AM

I don't have the quilt histories and stories I read from all of you, so I guess I am starting the quilt legacy. Right now my favorite is a flannel rag quilt in which I used rulers to quilt different designs in each block. Since this is a deck quilt for warmth when sitting outside I wasn't worried about messing it up.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

This was my favorite quilt. I made it for myself but, my grandson wanted it. He got it. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails 012.jpg  
Old 06-20-2022, 05:32 PM

RedGarnet222, you grandson is a wise young man. He knows a beautiful quilt when he sees one.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:14 PM

RedGarnet, that is a gorgeous quilt! What a blessed grandson you have!
Old 06-21-2022, 06:12 AM

Default Inspiring quilts!

Redgarnet and WMUteach, those are awe-inspiring quilts! And just plain inspiring. I am finishing quilt#2 so they are both my favorites. WMUteach, I am staring at the color composition of yours and fascinated...I am color challenged and this is giving me ideas. Thank you everyone for posting.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:46 PM

My favorite quilt is the one I made my son for his birthday several years ago. It was "just" a deer panel, with fall colors, some smaller panels, and blocks,and just spoke his name to me. When I gave it to him, he actually cried, and hugged me. He said it was the best gift ever. This was so touching for me. He was in his mid 30's at the time. It is still on his couch, and is used all the time.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:06 AM

I made my own legacy quilt - a quilt that subtly tells my story. It has 99 blocks to signify that I got married in 1999. It has images of my favorite things, my state, my pets, my name as blocks, an inherited block from a quilting mentor. The blocks are all 4”, and represent traditional piecing, paper piecing, and appliqué. It was a time consuming project. The quilt is done, but I will need to draw out a map of the quilt on paper, writing out all the block names, why I chose that block, and their placement. Example, there is a Double T block which represents that my father and son both have a name that ends in double T.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:29 AM

My favorite is by far the 5-point Lone Star quilt that was on the Mountain Mist cotton batting paper insert. Momma made it for Grandpa and was then given to me. I am looking for the pattern for this quilt as I have lost both the pattern and the quilt. This quilt was put out in the late 1950's or early 1960's. Please if you have this pattern let me know by pm. NO I do not want the 6 or 7 or 8 point stars. Only the 5-point Star. Also please don't tell me there was never a 5-point. My Momma made this quilt. I need the pattern for this quilt. It is made from Diamond pieces. I can still see it in my mind's eye and all the pieces were diamonds. Again, if you have this pattern let me know by pm. I want to make it for my one nephews. Thanks.