Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a nice sewing table? >

Do you have a nice sewing table?

Do you have a nice sewing table?

Old 05-12-2011, 10:40 PM

I have a Horn table, so my machine sits flush with the top. Horn and Koala tables are really pricey (I've had mine for years) so if I were looking for one today, I would check out the Arrow products.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:59 PM

I use a wooden tray table, but have been eyeing one of those tables from SewEze that puts your machine down in to make it flush with the table. Everything I've read on them is positive. I just have to wait until I can afford one.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 AM

I have the sew EZ table and it is quite nice. I also have two sewing tables in my sewing room. Most of these would not have been mine if I had to purchase but I inherited them from my wonderful quilty girlfriend when she went to see Jesus several years ago. The Sew EZ is so portable and you can use different inserts for different machines. It is great. I would never have purchased a Koala Cabinet myself but it came with Lynda's beloved Babylock Ellegante. It is a very nice piece of furniture and the hydrolic part is quite nice. I no longer ever put it away however.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:59 AM

I have a table 60 x 60 upstairs piled high with fabric and other crap that my darling HUSBAND seems to put there. (yes I said that sarcasticly). Soooooooooo tonight I sewed the quilt for kids quilt top totally on top of my portable dishwasher. Hubby wasn't happy, BUTTTTTTTTT....tonight I DON'T CARE. Hehehe.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 AM

As a matter of fact, I just bought a new Samsonite 6 foot
folding plastic table tonight. Total investment? $54.00. Probably not
nice by a lot of peoples standards, but it is the nicest I have ever had and it's a tremendous upgrade from crawling around in the
floor. Guess it's all relative, right?
:-)
Lori
Old 05-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Power Poster

I have a Horn table and the machine sits down flush with the table. I love it - makes everything the right height, no shaking of the table while I sew, and it's much easier to maneuver a quilt. I have seen Horn tables on craigslist at much reduced prices, so if I didn't already have one I would look there.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:59 AM

I have 2 Koala units - big Rollabout upstairs and small cub unit downstairs (since I broke my ankle). Love them both and the hydraulic lift is the only way to go.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:33 AM

I had an Arrow 300 model for years and absolutely loved it, however, the opening was not large enough for my new machine. When I bought my Ellisimo, instead of the software that was being offered, I talked the dealer into a deal on a display model Horn cabinet. It is absolutely wonderful but honestly would have been happy with another Arrow.

I like the looks of the SewEzi Table. Having your machine flush with the table surface is imperative for me.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:35 AM

I have just ordered a custom counter top (from a kitchen supply company) for a suprisingly low price - about $100 for a 25 x 58. They will cut the template for the size of my machine and my friend will build the "platform" underneath to put the machine level with the countertop and add 4x4 legs, which I will paint. That rounded edge on the front of the table is what I'm most looking forward to! And it will be exactly the length my room can handle! I'm doing the happy dance, even before I get it!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
I have just ordered a custom counter top (from a kitchen supply company) for a suprisingly low price - about $100 for a 25 x 58.
Smart thinker!

My machine is on top of an old desk that I keep thinking I'll have hubby cut the top off and let the machine rest in the drawer.

Ahhhh someday.....