Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have a nice sewing table? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-nice-sewing-table-t122694.html)

wannaquilt1 05-12-2011 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am looking for a table i can put my machine in where the machine sits flush with the table... right now I have a Brother CS6000 and I have the extension table but it's not inside the table so It's stil kinda hard. I've been sewing like this for 5 years and I think it's time to upgrade to a better table. So it just got me thinking...

How many of you have your macine on top of the table and how many of you have a real sewing table where the machine is inside so it's flush with the table? Here is a pic of my setup...

BETTY62 05-12-2011 09:17 PM

I set my machine up on the breakfast table while I dream about someday having a sewing room.

GGinMcKinney 05-12-2011 09:18 PM

I have an Arrow table. My model is big Bertha. It is the Bertha with the leaf on back that can raise up when quilting and the extra table is needed. My machine
sets flat and has a lift. I figure when I get older I will need the lift to help raise
the machine up when the table is closed and machine is stored out of sight.
Love my table. Fits my Janome 6600P with lots of extra space.
I do have the clear extension insert so my machine stitching area is flat with the top of the table surface.
I cover the top with clear vinyl so my fabric easily slides across the space.

Annaquilts 05-12-2011 09:21 PM

I have a 4-14 foor conference table but I think having it set in a table that is raised would be the most ideal. I think it would cut down on fatigue and strain from sewing especially when quilting. I have seen people ellevate regualr wooden kitchen tables and making a hole in it for the sewing machine. thsi might be a better and cheaper solution then buying something.

Jim's Gem 05-12-2011 09:24 PM

I have a wonderful table that my machine sinks into. It has an extension on the back that folds up to give me a large surface, 4 drawers and a pull out over the drawers to give me more room on the left. I love it!!!

wannaquilt1 05-12-2011 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I have a 4-14 foor conference table but I think having it set in a table that is raised would be the most ideal. I think it would cut down on fatigue and strain from sewing especially when quilting. I have seen people ellevate regualr wooden kitchen tables and making a hole in it for the sewing machine. thsi might be a better and cheaper solution then buying something.

How dd they make a table with a hole in it like that? that sounds so cool!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-12-2011 09:54 PM

I have a table just about like yours!

TonnieLoree 05-12-2011 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I have a wonderful table that my machine sinks into. It has an extension on the back that folds up to give me a large surface, 4 drawers and a pull out over the drawers to give me more room on the left. I love it!!!

We must have the same unit. It is perfect when you are quilting, but a real bear when people use it to set things on, similar to a kitchen table or catch-all. BTW, it is a hydraulic lift that you are seeking. It is awesome! :thumbup:

sallie789 05-12-2011 10:02 PM

My Pfaff sits flush in my cabinet and then it raises up easily so that I can get to the bobbin. I love it. I'm not coordinated enough to sew well with the machine above table level!

Gramie bj 05-12-2011 10:25 PM

My Janoma sits on top of an old desk, or on a folding table, or the counter in the craft room, some day it will have its own table I hope. My Elna has a cabnet but right now it isn't in it, cabnet needs some work my other two are stored on a shelf and only come out when GK's are here and want to sew. Some day they will go home with 2 of the girles.