Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have the pattern for this quilt? >

Do you have the pattern for this quilt?

Do you have the pattern for this quilt?

Old 02-28-2012, 04:58 AM

I agree with everyone else; layer cake sized blocks in the center, and then rectangles all around for the border. I love the new Papillon fabric too, but it's not the fabric pictured. Papillon has far more pastels. This does look like a Moda fabric though. I just love Moda's designers!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
Looks like it's just squares, from a variety of co-ordinating fabrics. You could make your own or buy a few layer cakes of pre-cut 10 inch squares and get the look I think. No borders, just the narrow binding to finish
I thought the same thing. Should be very quick to put together!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:07 AM

It looks like the blocks are 12" or 15". There is four blocks across the bottom of the mattress (48" or 60") then add the sides (88" or 112"). It also looks that there is a partial block on all four sides.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
It is called Papillion and the fabric line is gorgeous! http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...52&Parent_Ids=
That is a gorgeous fabric line! Wish I wasn't on a fabric buying moratorium right now. I would love a couple of layer cakes and jelly rolls of that.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
It is called Papillion and the fabric line is gorgeous! http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...52&Parent_Ids=
It doesn't look like there would be as much brick red in it when it was done (more of the lighter squares), but it would still be gorgeous!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=MacThayer;5011275][ATTACH=CONFIG]315665[/ATTACH]

I think it's called "Georgia" something. My sister sent it to me. I promised her a quilt, and asked if there was any style in particular that she'd like, and she sent me this. Apparently found it in a magazine (with no pattern). I suppose I could make up a pattern, but it would be nice to have a real one. Anyone?

To me, the Moda collection "Friendship Collection" would be about the closest match to your photo (certainly not exact). http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...31&Parent_Ids=

What would happen if you bought one "Papillon", and one "Friendship Collection" and mixed them up?

Last edited by canuckninepatch; 02-28-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: an after thought.....
Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 AM

Beautiful colors.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:23 AM

The quilt is from Pottery Barn. There is no pattern to buy, but I agree that buying layer cakes would work, or buying a lot of yardage. You would have to calculate based on dimensions.

Someone is selling that quilt on eBay: ttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Pottery-Barn-Georgia-Patchwork-Quilt-F-Queen-2-std-shams-Red-/150765134292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231a4d61d4#ht_1106wt_1299 or Pottery Barn: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...d-quilts-shams.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 AM

I searched online after taking a copy to match up with the fabric I found. Most of the fabrics that were close in design were on the site"Shabbyfabrics.com". You can just buy the amount and the designs you like instead of the whole collection. Good Luck. This site has some beautiful fabrics but it is not inexpensive. Maybe you could look for a promo or wait for a sale.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 AM

I agree with all that has been said. I would like to add that depending on the finished
size you want, you would need to adjust the squares accordingly. If you want a queen,
and use 10" squares, you would need 8 across and 8 down. Then on the rectangles,
you would need to cut the 10" squares into 5" x 10" rectangles. Once again, you would need
8 across and 8 down. That would make the finished size 90" by 90", because no other
borders would be added. That's a good queen size.

I found another group that looks a lot like the picture, because it has more red.
It is called Butterscotch & Roses. Here is the link.

http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...47&Parent_Ids=

I also really like the Friendship Collection that someone else sent.

This is a very simple quilt. If you need help on figuring out how many squares you would need
for a different size quilt than a queen, let me know and I will be happy to figure it out for you.
You can also make bigger squares - say 12", with 6" x 12" rectangles on the outside.
Have a Blessed Day!
Marcia