Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse?  Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥ >

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

♥♥ Do you hide fabrics and Quilting Supplies from your spouse? Come on confess and tell us where you stash your fabrics! ♥♥

Old 08-04-2011, 02:16 PM

I am a lucky duck! I dont live with my BF... but all my sewing stuff is in a corner in my Living Room (in plain view). He is usually the first to see my new purchases! Just yesterday we were out at the shop where the fabric he picked out (ended up leaving it as a whole cloth with a couple borders, couldnt bear to cut it) is going to be long-armed (we were choosing the all over panto) and they had a SALE! He said, want to look before we leave?? :) LOVE THAT MAN! I did refrain simply because I am going to some quilt shops this weekend. He is very much an enabler in my quilting addiction! :)
Old 08-04-2011, 02:19 PM

Nope. I work extremely hard for a living. He can stash all the cash he wants from his check, I am buying, AND USING all the fabric I want! Besides, he is always asking for a table topper or lap quilt for some function or meeting. And he knows, happy wife=happy life!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Never have and never will. I feel sorry for those who have to hide something they love to do from someone who is supposed to appreciate them and love them. Sorry if this sounds offensive; I don't mean to be. I feel a relationship has to be open and honest. Sorry.
Not offensive, and I must say, I have been in both relationships. It seemed to me that I had to "hide" lots of things from my ex-husband. He had a way of making anything I did or wanted to do make me feel guilty. I am happy to say that I am now in a relationship where I hide nothing, and I can be me in all ways and he loves me anyway. :) :thumbup:
Old 08-04-2011, 02:23 PM

I don't hide anything from DH. He sees everything I bring home....he is my best critic.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

We recently took a trip to Virginia Beach VA to visit hubby's friends.. While having breakfast out, the friend's wife asked if I wanted to go to local fabric shops-knowing I love to quilt.. I simply stated I didn't bring my purse but appreciated the offer.. My hubby handed me all the cash he had in his pocket and said "Have fun, see ya when you get back.. We got to the quilt shop I looked at the money, I had over $250 in cash.... It was funny, i had used the spare suitcase to bring it all home.. and no, I didn't use it all- maybe half- but I put the rest away for rainy day.. or an other day iof fabric shopping..

Hes my enabler.. NO need to hide...
Old 08-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I have moved 3 times in 3 years. My hubby is fully aware of exactly how much stuff there is in this room.
NO way do i want to move my stash!! Cant imagine doing it once but THREE times.. YIKKes!!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:42 PM

I don't hide my fabric/quilting purchases from my husband. He knows I am a good bargain shopper & love to shop the sales.

I must say though, that a few pairs of shoes may have made their way into my closet without my flaunting them in front of him before hand. Again, not hiding, but not broadcasting!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 PM

I don't go out to hide things and for the most part he is with me when go fabric shopping and we go to work together, come home together and right there on the front porch is the online boxes. Sometimes I wish I could so I didn't have to hear the "don't you have enough..." then I ask him "so, where is that wonderful bowling game to keep us warm this winter?? I know it is with those fish you haven't caught yet in the boat." LOL
Old 08-04-2011, 03:04 PM

I've got him turned into a Fabric-aholic as well!! He can't go into Mary Jo's without picking up something. It's for me, but he's the one that picks it out.

There have been a few that have made their way into FatQuarter Swaps and such, lol
Old 08-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

No spouse,no worries.