Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you know a good project to sell at quilt shows?

Power Poster
    It does sound more appealing that "garage/rummage/yard" sale

I can't wait to see what you make. Please post pics.

Blog Entries
    Mailbox covers from fade resistant material, walker bags, and the one I'm working on now fabric "paper dolls"!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SIMPLE TOTE BAGS (GROCERY), PIN CUSHIONS, COIN PURSES, SNAP BAGS, CORN BAGS

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by applique
    Mailbox covers from fade resistant material, walker bags, and the one I'm working on now fabric "paper dolls"!!
    I just had a "duh" moment - I just realized that the one in the blue is in her undies and the other one was when the doll is dressed.

Can you share the pattern for your unique potholders?

I got a quilt pin made out of a thmble . go on line

Blog Entries
    Hi there...
    I saw a quilting show the other day, and thought WOW...what a cool idea is that! Since so many have laptops these days, they were showing a very speedy way to make a zippered sleeve for a laptop. I think they called it a laptop skin. At any rate. one could use pre-quilted or self made quilted fabric, or even do a crazy quilt thing of scraps. Lay your laptop on top of the fabric. to 'get the size right' ..allow for seams and a laptop inside. cut two pieces of fabric. Before sewing the sides, put in a zipper for the top. (I suggest a 19 to 22 inch one) Then turn zipper side and fabrics inside out. Unzip the zipper and serge or machine stitch the surrounding sides. Voila...this makes a cool cover to keep the scratches off your laptop when you travel or whatever. If one wanted they could cut a strap for carrying the laptop and make it go around the three sides and long enough for a shoulder carry thing. Perhaps we could consider dark colors or blues for a guy, and perky colors for the ladies would make neat gifts to buy at a sale. They even showed one in which someone used two zippers to open even further the top of the 'sleeve'. Hope this info is helpful. Happy Fathers Day to the dads out there!

Jewelry rolls. They are quick and easy. Only about $1.00 worth of cloth and 1 hr of time to make.

Believe it or not Aprons are a hot item now. Since you are selling to quilters , make some of your own jelly rolls or bundles.
    Used quilt books sell well.

Blog Entries
    Table runners and table toppers :D

Great post. Lots of ideas.

Wow! What a lot of great ideas! I always enjoy thumbing through quilt, craft, and sewing magazines that members are done with, usually selling for 50 cents. I have also bought patterns sorted into baskets by type - women's clothing, crafts, etc. One year I bought some small stuffed pumpkins at a fall quilt show and used them through Thanksgiving. Other soft sculptures appropriate for seasonal decorating are nice too. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by spinnergs
    Our club needs a small project to sell and make a profit for the club at the next quilt show. Any ideas?
    I have been making Pin cushion-Thread Catcher bags. All the ladies who quilt or sew just love them. I saw they were being sold at Quilt Shows for 10.00 to 12.00 each. I know I love mine.

What is a thread catcheer? I have never heard of that.

Wow, such good ideas!!! I make pincushions in coffee cups, tea cups, etc. that I pick up inexpensively (read Cheap!) at garage sales, etc...match the fabric to the container, embellish a little, Super Cute!

And... lest we forget.. The older we get, the more we need "cheater" glasses - and because we are older we always forget where we left 'em. So there are more and more of 'em around - and they get all scratched up in the process of being "lost. I have lots of luck with eyeglass cases. Makes 'em findable again!

A thread catcher is a bag that you put all those threads you clip while sewing. Where do you put them?? Options are the floor to be vacuumed up later, a pile on the sewing table that will eventually end up on the floor also, a paper bag taped to the table, or any object that fits in the space you want to dispose
    your thread into. I love my thread catcher. It hangs off the side of my sew table and the part the rest on the table collects all my pins.
    Katrina

Power Poster
    pillowcase kits - along with the instructions/directions

Wow, great ideas! Thanks everyone, will have to do some thinking......

Blog Entries
    Also working on quilting vests. A pincushion with velcro to attach to vest, small pocket for thimble, one for needles, elastic loops for thread, pocket for glasses, cell phone and ultrasuade scissor pocket. All on quilted fabric with very thin batting and tulle for the backing so can be worn year round. Always something new. Also spray painting (with ink and paints) fabric for skies like on my avatar!

Everyone loves baby items...also machine covers would be nice too.

bookmarks...if not already suggested.

If you need ideas for pincushions - I'd suggest the magnetic wrist one :) It looks cool - and others that are not ordinary ones...
    I have over 120 pincushion pattern links on my site - along with tons of other ideas... if you want, go and have a looksee and maybe a few things will pop up...

I'd also suggest maybe bookmarks? They are quick & easy and you can probably sell them for cheap.

I think most crafters don't buy things handmade unless it's something cute or clever and something that they would not have time to make for themselves.

Here's a link to my site. Under hundreds of sewing links, you will find a slew of things to get the ideas flowing.

http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/

Please remember that projects made from copyrighted patterns, books, or even on the web may not be reproduced to sell without the express permission of the copyright holder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast