Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you make "bundles" in your stash? >

Do you make "bundles" in your stash?

Do you make "bundles" in your stash?

Old 09-01-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by jojosnana
I guess I have little bundles too. I just call them UFOs. I figure if I have the fabric, the pattern, the thread all ready it already counts as a UFO. But maybe I will just call them bundles so I can feel like I am caught up.
I'm going to pretend I hit the like button!! (Like facebook :) ) You're right it doesn't sound like you have so many UFO's
:)
kathyd
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 PM

I have a few bundles but started putting my fabrics on "boards" (foam-core) and sorting them strictly by color. If I need a color, it is easy to find. Also have a couple of clear totes for "squares". I stack them up in the totes; like a yellow/orange stack, a brown/beige stack, a green stack, a blue stack, a red stack, etc. Then I have just a big bag of scraps of no particular size or shape. Seems to work the best for me to sort by color...
Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 PM

I do this also. I call them "kits".
Old 09-01-2011, 06:59 PM

Oh, this makes me feel so much better. Last night I woke up thinking about all the pretty fabrics sitting upright on someone's shelves and in order by color. Sew pretty! But I can't do that. My fabrics are by project. If the pattern & fabrics take a lot of space they are in a clear plastic storage box from JoAnn's if small they may sit together on the shelf so I get a good idea of a project ready to work on next.
Love the QB and all the ideas.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Yes, I buy fabric that way. If I see one fabric, I will look in the same store and somewheres else the same day til I find at least 2 other fabrics to go with the first one. I never buy under 3 yards.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
One of my favorite parts of quilting is picking fabrics that I like together. I love this so much that I have made "bundles" of fabric for future quilts. Besides my regular piles of fabrics in my stash, I have over 60 "bundles" ready to make quilts. I even made a small notebook with samples of different "focus" fabrics to match up fabrics when on quilting trips so I could make more bundles when I got home. I just gave my mom a few of my bundles so she could make more quilts and within minutes, I made new bundles to fill the holes on my bundle shelves! I'm not sure it's the best use of my stash however, since I would have so many more fabrics to choose from if they were not already bundled! I tend to end up with more focus fabrics and not enough blenders, but I think many of my blenders are in those bundles! So, I always think I need to buy more blenders. Maybe I need to unbundle some of them! But they just go together sooooo well! LOL
Eventually I find them and take them apart because I have forgotten what I was going to make from them! LOL!
What would happen if you just cut a strip off each fabric so you could make a few blocks ...and "Bundled " them into a ziploc bag and clipped those into a binder to look at. ...as a resource....