Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you make Bed Runners? >

Do you make Bed Runners?

Do you make Bed Runners?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 PM

I have made alot of these bedrunners. And they really are fun to made and fun to give. They usually arr quick and easy to make depending on the pattern.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 PM

I have made alot of these bedrunners. And they really are fun to made and fun to give. They usually arr quick and easy to make depending on the pattern.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch
I tend to prefer to make lap quilts, and then I lay them on my king size bed which has an offwhite duvet cover (an imported quilted one, I'm ashamed to say!). That way I can "show off" various quilts I have made, even if it's just for me and DH. The spare room also has an offwhite quilted spread (again confession time - made in China), and I use it as a backdrop for various quilts I have made. Will I be kicked off the board for such an admission? :oops:
I also have a store bought white bedspread which I display smaller quilts on-lap size, toppers, etc. The impportant thing is you display your quilts and enjoy them!! I currently have a queen size spread I made on it, but when I feel like changing, I do!! No quilt allowed here!! lol
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 PM

I have started doing my beds like the hotels do theirs. Much easier to make up, Right now I have a quilt folded at the end of the bed but I plan to make seasonal bed runners for all my beds. And I want to make some holiday ones too.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:40 AM

I've made two using Moda charm packs' no pattern just sewed 12 across and six down , inner border and outer border and tied
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124545.jpe  
Old 11-12-2010, 12:21 PM

This is exactly what my husband needs. He adds an extra quilt to the bed for warmth in his feet. I will definitely make hime one.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:34 PM

What a great idea! I'm going to try making one for my king bed. I also like the idea of using one to cover the pillows. I'm wondering how long the sides should hang down. I love this board! So many talented people who are willing to share ideas with others...thank you all!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 PM

The bedrunners certainly sound like a practical idea and not just a trend. Does that mean there might be fewer UFOs in the future for some of us?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:11 PM

When we went to Hawaii (my son is in the Navy and is normally in San Diego, but had to take a class at Pearl Harbor, and my husband offered that we go to visit him there - oh, to have such problems) our hotel room had 2 beds, and both had runners, an idea I had never seen before. I just thought they were there to protect the bedspread from our 'stuff', but came home thinking that would be such a great idea. We have a king sized bed, and I picture a plain colored bedspread, with a quilted bed runner. After doing some research, it seemed they are quite popular, so a runner it is!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by marykoch
Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
I'm seeing more patterns for bed runners, nice idea, see them in hotels all the time. Does anyone make them here? This would be a nice way to change the 'holiday' in your bedroom with a runner, maybe pillow shams to match... room done in blue? Do Christmas in blue snowflakes to add to the bedrm. We do this for table runners, never gave bed runners much thought before.
Anyone?
I made this one for a friend last year for Christmas.
Marykoch your bedrunner is beautiful, makes me want to get busy making one.