Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you make Project Linus quilts? >

Do you make Project Linus quilts?

Do you make Project Linus quilts?

Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 AM

I quilt for Project Linus, and I can't wait to get some of that fabric! I may make something for myself with it, though, lol. We did have some Linus fabric from way back that I found at a yard sale, and we had some "blanketeers" who would sew a small piece on the back of each quilt along with a label. It was a nice touch.

I like the big Linus pattern and the confetti coordinate best.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:18 AM

That fabric is so adorable, I definitely would buy some for my Project Linus quilts. Do you have it in your shop now, or are you ordering it?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I just ordered it today. Amazingly, Quilting Treasures already has it "in the works", meaning that they have already placed their order with the mill and delivery is supposed to be July. Usually QT doesn't place their order with the mill until after they have shown the artwork to stores and taken orders from them. So... I am grateful that my rep stopped by and took my order today!

I ordered a LOT (ten bolts!) of the main print on blue and at least one bolt of everything else *except* those ones that had the "Project Linus" words on them. My rep assures me that they will be able to fill my order out of that first delivery in July. You see, what has been lurking in the back of my mind is that if I don't get my order in right away, since QT has already ordered a fixed number of yards, all of us shops will be vying to get goods from the first delivery. (Yes, fabric buying can be COMPETITIVE!)

Willferg, I like your idea of sewing just a patch of Linus fabric on your quilts. You could easily do that with these fabrics, too! Just include one block...

And I think we can expect to see a LOT of advertising regarding this collection. In magazines, at Quilt Market, via e-mail from QT to all the Project Linus groups...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:54 AM

Looking forward to being able to purchase some. Will check with you in July. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM

Who knew that just ordering the fabric is Competitive...!? But I guess its like alot of things .. those that get to market first wins.
Love the fabric.. Who can resist any of the Peanuts characters?! Thanks for showing these.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

What is Project Linus anyway? I've heard people talk about it, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. Do you make baby blankets or lap quilts or larger? Can you use just your fabric at home? And lastly, where do you send them?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 AM

Jeanne, go here http://www.projectlinus.org/index.html to learn about Project Linus and find chapters in your area and where to send finished quilts.