Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you name your quilts?  If so what names? >

Do you name your quilts? If so what names?

Do you name your quilts? If so what names?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
With me coming from an art background I name all of my quilts. But I do not name cars, sewing machines, or kids!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
My grandpa had 9 kids and could not remember names. None of his kids were named Jim. He couldn't remember the names of his 50 grandchildren either. So, he'd just yell out either Jim or Sis, and the nearest boy or girl better respond!

It was a lot more efficient than my mother, running through all her kids and brothers names while yelling at you, trying to determine which was yours.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:40 AM

I have one WIP that I have already named. My brother Matthew is an artist. And when I agreed to make him a quilt, he sent me a box of different things- patches from all over the world, the inside pockets to boy scout uniform pants, silks, canvas, parts of old shirts, etc. Which I am slowly working together into a kind of stew.

Because of an inside family joke, it is called "Conversation between the Turnip Children".

Other than that, the name is just whoever is the recipient: Elise's Quilt, Kenyon's Quilt, Jim's Quilt, etc.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hazeljane
Originally Posted by Lostn51
With me coming from an art background I name all of my quilts. But I do not name cars, sewing machines, or kids!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
My grandpa had 9 kids and could not remember names. None of his kids were named Jim. He couldn't remember the names of his 50 grandchildren either. So, he'd just yell out either Jim or Sis, and the nearest boy or girl better respond!

It was a lot more efficient than my mother, running through all her kids and brothers names while yelling at you, trying to determine which was yours.
Now that is funny right there!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
I have one WIP that I have already named. My brother Matthew is an artist. And when I agreed to make him a quilt, he sent me a box of different things- patches from all over the world, the inside pockets to boy scout uniform pants, silks, canvas, parts of old shirts, etc. Which I am slowly working together into a kind of stew.

Because of an inside family joke, it is called "Conversation between the Turnip Children".

Other than that, the name is just whoever is the recipient: Elise's Quilt, Kenyon's Quilt, Jim's Quilt, etc.

Hmmmm... sounds like Turnip Stew. Yummy!