Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Notify Online Company if your Yard Was only 34 inches? >

Do You Notify Online Company if your Yard Was only 34 inches?

Do You Notify Online Company if your Yard Was only 34 inches?

Old 09-23-2011, 10:47 AM

She felt it was a measurement error--sliding the fabric over to aviod the groove in the cutting mat but forgetting to make up for it on the other side so that there would still be a full 36 inches cut. I know my quilt store has a deep groove all around the 36 inch mark on their matt so they slide the fabric over 1 inch and cut at the 37 (still giving me exactly 36 inches--no generous cuts at my store).
Old 09-23-2011, 10:51 AM

I would let them know. I always measure everything I buy online or get in the mail. Never been short. Most usually it has been extra yardage.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Absolutely let them know, and don't bother with anyone but the owner or manager... employees don't have the authority to do anything to redress errors. A reputable place will make it good. You can always tell them you intend to post the outcome of this problem (if it is not resolved in your favor) on FaceBook and other places on the internet. Also, if they have postings on eBay, you can leave negative ratings for them. Don't get mad, get busy! You might consider posting it on here, so the rest of us won't be treated the same way.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Yes, I would definitely let the company know. I find that calling and talking about a problem is better than stewing about it and getting a resentment.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 PM

Yes - let them know, they can't fix the problem if they don't know they have one. Much better to fix it and keep you as a customer, than have you unhappy and no more orders from you, and maybe your friends too :!: (This is the old manager in me coming out again :roll: )
Old 09-23-2011, 03:39 PM

I just hate it when I do not get what I pay for.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:51 PM

I would certainly follow up and let them know in writing about this. You can still be polite (and you should be), but they need to know about this.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:00 PM

Definitely let them know. Ask if the extra $5 was a handling charge. Be as nice and polite as possible. My motto is "kill them with kindness." Has always worked for me with irate people in the past.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Ed

You should not have been shorted on any of your order. If anything you should get more then you asked for.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria
Okay, just got off the phone with the fabric store again and got a good resolution. I looked at the website shipping policy and they actually say "we do not add any fees for handling" so I knew I was entitled to the shipping refund of $4.95.

They offered to recut the items and send to me then have me send back my short yards (she didn't say if they would send me a prepaid envelope or not) or give me a credit. If I was okay keeping the short yards, they felt I should only be charged 7/8 yard for those. That actually worked out in my favor as that equalled 1.25 yards for a credit. Since I didn't have a specific pattern in mind yet for those fabrics I took the credit. I will just have to make sure to mark them as not full yards so I don't plan something later that needs a full yard. Really, after you straighten the grain (on both sides), I will end up with 7/8 yard or so anyway.

I feel good about the outcome as it is a little in my favor but it wasn't unfair towards them either.

So glad you had a postive customer service experience! That says a lot for the company - if anything it would nudge me into using them again and again - just becaue I know that if there was a problem they would resolve it fairly!

Great job to you for speaking up nicely - and to them for handling it well.