Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you? >

Do you?

Do you?

Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 PM

We have a spare room that my husband and I share, he has his drawing and painting and art supplies on one side of the room, and I have the other side of the room for my quilting/sewing/etc. We always keep it kind of picked up, kind of cluttered. I tell people if they go in that room they go at their own risk. LOL When little ones are about we close the door of course.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:44 PM

Right now I use my dining room table for sewing, and I usually just put everything in a corner when I need my table. This week we just got back from vacation, so I will not be sewing until after Christmas. Sew sad, but it has to be.MERRY CHRISTMAS VERYONE, AND GOD BLESS.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:20 PM

i never put my stuff away because i have a sewing room, all i would need to do is close the door!! but i am in there every chance i get !!!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:26 PM

I live in small 1 BR and turned my BR into sewing studio and LR into living as efficiency. But moved the sewing machine into LR so I could sew & watch TV at same time. Then family got me a new day bed and had to clear out room so bed could be set up. Man, that sure disrupted my sewing but was so grateful for the new bed. I just love it. Now, I'm doing catch up so projects will be finished by Sat am. I made fleece blankets for birthday gifts and as I had room torn up I just did fancy rotary cut on edges instead of sewing on binding and they loved them. They actually preferred the edges w/o binding. Go figure. Here I thought it looked unfinished.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:45 PM

Actually, I brought my sewing out!!!! I don't have a separate room or area for my sewing, I have to use the kitchen. This week my DH and oldest daughter went on a trip so it's just me and my youngest. So we moved the table around, set up both our machines (she's 11 and loves piecing) and have spent the last 3 days sewing whenever we felt like it. With it all set up it's not a big chore to drag stuff out. Its been great!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Power Poster

No, I need to get Christmas gifts quilted and I need the stress releive that quilting provides me. I just spend 2 1/2 days making about 800 tamales.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:32 PM

I have to also!! Mine sewing room is guestroom dd is coming with boyfriend. Need to finish Christmas gift!! Gonna be late!!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl View Post
do you put your sewing away for the week before Christmas, I was thinking of doing that so I could at least get my other work done, haven't even started my baking yet!
I don't "put it away," but I haven't been able to work on anything. Some of the baking has been done and some babysitting. With school out, the working mommies need help with the little kiddos. One was enfolled in a Christmas camp at her school, but the little one isn't old enough to go. Grandmothers and great -grandmother are sharing him next week. He's a joy to keep. The biggest problem is getting him to take a nap so I can rest. LOL
Old 12-22-2011, 03:20 AM

No, I'd be lost without my sewing machine being so handy. I have a separate sewing room, and it's ready to go at all times. LOL