Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you Thangle?? >

Do you Thangle??

Do you Thangle??

Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 AM

I like Thangles and I like the pages you can print from quilterscache.com for making HST's.

I would be happy with anything that helps me get these (blankety blank) HST's right! :mrgreen:

Open up that Triangulations CD - you will LOVE it! It's a collection of HST's, QST's, Flying Geese and quilt patterns all in pdf format. The HST's are organized in 1/16" increments - you get a LOT Of different sizes!

One of the BOM's I'm in is nothing but HST's - nine 1½" and one 6" HST's in each one. I print out five pages of each size, iron the fat eighths right sides together and pin a trimmed page of each size to the fabrics.

Takes no time at all to do the sewing and cutting apart, but there is the removing of paper. I use newsprint, so it comes off easily - and the little extra time I spend cleaning off paper is well justified by the fact that all the HST's are usable, consistent in size and don't need trimming. :) My blocks are coming out the right size and I'm not chopping off all my points! :lol:

It's really slick - there aren't a lot of quilt notions that live up to their press, but Triangulations does. :)
Old 03-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

I use these:
http://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/Shop/shopindex.htm
These are the size I use the most for a lot of hst. , other sizes I have the die for the Go to use.
I found the cost of buying the paper is worth every penny compared to the waste of time to draw my own every time I'm ready to use them.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 AM

I tried them. Hated them. But I had already cut all of my fabric to work with the Thangles. I had just taken a class with Sally Schneider and she had a little tool called a Gizmo that you use to make HST with rectangles instead of squares so I used that instead.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:24 PM

No they just sit in the packageing looking cute and easy but I have yet to try them :)