Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Do you think I can do this in two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by deedum
    I would like to make a quick quilt for someone's birthday, is it possible to put one together in 2.5 weeks, or am I dreaming? I need something that works for fishing, cabin,lake sort of thing, I found fabric but not sure what kind of pattern that is quick, like super quick. I only have weeknites and one weekend to do this
    YOu've received LOTS of suggestions...could you send pictures of it once it's done? I'd love to see what you chose!

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    Quote Originally Posted by deedum
    I would like to make a quick quilt for someone's birthday, is it possible to put one together in 2.5 weeks, or am I dreaming? I need something that works for fishing, cabin,lake sort of thing, I found fabric but not sure what kind of pattern that is quick, like super quick. I only have weeknites and one weekend to do this
    If you make colour wash or bargello, the top can be made in one day (I do it regularly). Then put the back and batting on the next day. It depends how elaborately you quilt as to how long the next bit takes. Do in the ditch straight lines or big cornelli work to make it go faster. Then you need to bind it, so put aside another day - 5 to 6 days at least.
    What is a cornelli?

You can do anything you put your mind to. Quick Quilts is a good place to start. Keep it simply. Quick and easy Irish Trip is a fast one. Good Luck.

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    Cornelli lace is a random meandering line that doesn't overlap, so basically it's just free motion quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
    Cornelli lace is a random meandering line that doesn't overlap, so basically it's just free motion quilting.
    Thanks for the education. I'm learning the terms for things!!

Just curious....what is the Irish Trip????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3