Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you use Connecting Threads Thread? >

Do you use Connecting Threads Thread?

Do you use Connecting Threads Thread?

Old 12-25-2010, 12:14 AM
PEP

I use it and I like it! really a good value. I'm going to try the new poly if I need thread in the future! I'm rather stocked up right now!! LOL! Patty
Old 12-25-2010, 07:47 AM

I got some and felt it is quite linty. Also, when I hand sew a binding, the ends split and tangle around the thread.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbugs
Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Originally Posted by ckcowl
All cotton thread creates lint...does not matter if it comes from connecting threads, mettler, superior, atlanta threads... that's why we don't complain about it...it is the normal way it is. if you don't want the lint try poly threads. they do not create the lint. but it may not be the thread at fault for you (to any great extent.cotton batting creates LOTS of lint too...so the lint could be from the batting, cotton fabrics and thread all together.
Originally Posted by quiltbugs
Many people love Connecting Threads thread. I have used it several times but it seems to make a lot of lint in my machine. Tons of lint. However, it may just be my machine because everyone else seems to love it.
I agree with this too. The lint is probably a combination of thread, cotton fabric and batting. Just get in the habit of cleaning more often and it shouldn't be a problem.
Well, I have been sewing for many years, and have used many threads and many brands. I clean my machine very frequently. I am very aware that cotton fabric and batting cause lint, but CT threads deposit more lint than other threads even when I am not using batting, so it isn't a problem of me improving my machine-cleaning habits. However, like I said -- it may not do this with other machines; with mine, it does.
Ditto. I have a lot of lint with it too and with one spool, constant breakage. So far the other spools aren't breaking but the lint is there. I've used C&C, Gutermann and Wonderfil threads and none create the lint that the CT thread does. I clean my bobbin case during every bobbin change.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:06 PM

I love their thread.. I have thought it had 'less' lint than whatever I was using before!! I have never had a spool that I've been unhappy with. No knots, no thin spots, just beautiful smooth thread. It's nearly all I use anymore. I don't think you can go wrong with their thread!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:35 PM

I love their thread and you can't beat the price.