Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use Connecting Threads Thread?

So it's come to the point where I go through so much neutral piecing thread that I'm considering buying it in bigger quantities online.

Does anyone use the Connecting Threads Essential Cotton Thread?
    $2.49 for 1200 yds is a great deal if the thread is a good quality.

Blog Entries
    I haven't but I did buy one spool of the Essential Pro Poly to try. If I like it, I would try the cotton also.

I have used it and don't find that I have any problems. My friend has been using it for years, that's why I tried it. It is a good deal for the price.

Many people love Connecting Threads thread. I have used it several times but it seems to make a lot of lint in my machine. Tons of lint. However, it may just be my machine because everyone else seems to love it.

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryssa
    Does anyone use the Connecting Threads Essential Cotton Thread? $2.49 for 1200 yds is a great deal if the thread is a good quality.
    The thread is good quality. It's a great value, and it come in a gazillion colors.

If you're doing a lot of piecing (or general sewing) with the same color thread, the cones are more economical (if you already have a thread stand or alternative).

Banned
    Connecting threads thread is all I use anymore. Yes it does lint up the bobbin case, but just clean it more often, it is well worth the savings! And the thread itself works great

I buy the cones of neutral colors for piecing tops and I love it. I have never noticed more lint, but I clean the bobbin area after each bobbin change anyway.

Thanks all. I'm going to buy a couple of spools with my next CT order and see how it goes :)

It's not the best thread, but for the price and the amount you get, you can't beat it, I use it all the time.

Blog Entries
    love it for the price. have a spool of every color, so I'm never out of the right shade for applique

Quote Originally Posted by Kryssa
    Thanks all. I'm going to buy a couple of spools with my next CT order and see how it goes :)

Blog Entries
    I have Aurifil thread sets that cost almost $100 per set. It is good thread but not all it's hyped up to be. Save your money. I use CT thread the most. I looked at CT thread under a microscope and compared to other name brands, no difference at all. I prefer the new poly cone thread, no lint at all and stronger thread.

I love their thread. Getting ready to place an order after the holidays.

Blog Entries
    all the time :thumbup: I LOVE CONNECTING THREAD'S THREAD! before them i had alot of issues with threads, but all of the threads from them has been great to work with. i am picking up collections regularly hoping to someday have almost all the threads they have :mrgreen:
    i love their silk thread for hand applique too :thumbup:
    and the bigger spools/cones are wonderful!

I have used it for years.....the color collections are a good deal!! You will never be without a matching thread color for your quilty projects.

jodi in leavenworth

Blog Entries
    Yes! The quality is excellent. In about a month or so, they usually offer an even better deal on their thread. Last year it was $1.29 a spool. Even with shipping cost, I still order from them.

Banned
    I just used some on a customers quilt and we were both unhappy with the results. I used king tut on top and Connecting in the bobbin, not saying it is a bad thread it just didnt work in my Tin lizzie. She is finnicky with certain threads.

Blog Entries
    I use the large cones of CT. It does make more lint in my Janome but I just clean the bobbin more often. For the price, I think it's a good deal.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltbugs
    Many people love Connecting Threads thread. I have used it several times but it seems to make a lot of lint in my machine. Tons of lint. However, it may just be my machine because everyone else seems to love it.
    It makes a lot of lint in mine too,but I like and still use it. I just clean often.

I like the thread and so does my machine. Have not been using it long so I do not know how it hold up under ware and tear.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I also love it!! :D

Blog Entries
    i've been using it for more than a year now. i can't testify about the lint thing. when i first bought it i was using other threads, too, so don't know which produced lint.

i had to restock a few months ago. i've noticed i get very little lint in the bobbin case since.

maybe it's coincidence. maybe it's something else.

i love the stuff. :-)

Blog Entries
    All cotton thread creates lint...does not matter if it comes from connecting threads, mettler, superior, atlanta threads... that's why we don't complain about it...it is the normal way it is. if you don't want the lint try poly threads. they do not create the lint. but it may not be the thread at fault for you (to any great extent.cotton batting creates LOTS of lint too...so the lint could be from the batting, cotton fabrics and thread all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltbugs

I have the same problem. What brand do you use instead?????

I find it very linty and will only use on one of my machines. I think quite a few here use and love it. I got spoiled using Aurifil.

Blog Entries
    It is all I use.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast