Do you use your bow tuck bags? >

Do you use your bow tuck bags?

Do you use your bow tuck bags?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:09 AM

love them
Old 08-05-2011, 07:10 AM

here is one i did using my embroidery machine
Old 08-05-2011, 07:26 AM

My daughter and I made a 'Grids & Grommets" bag for my granddaughter. pattern by Indygo Junction, Inc. Line green with white polka dots and then white with lime green dots for the lining. Made four the following year but did not use the grommets and they tended to pull out although is is a very cute bag so our next ones were more like a bowtuck bag. love them, use them, all who see them love them.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:28 AM

So many pretty bow-tucks shown. I have made over 10 and use 4 of them for myself. I use the snap to close mine. I use plastic canvas for the bottom, fitting it between the bottom and lining. I put a few stitches into the canvas at the purse seam to secure it. Wash it in the washing machine and spray starch it while wet and let air dry. I have had no problem. I notice several others also divide the front pocket with stitching in the center. I found that my cellphone fits and stays better doing it that way. Sometimes I shorten the size of the front pocket, making it a bit more user frienly.
Patti, your bags are outstanding. Love them.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:34 AM

Your bags are beautiful! I want one!!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts
Lol that is good to know. What kind of snap,was it easy to put the snap on?
I use a snap also. They are magnetic and you have to put it on before you close everything up. Get mine at Joanns
Old 08-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Your bags are beautiful!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
I am in the process of making my first one. I put a zipper in but now that I look at picture and think about it I don't know how that will work since the ends get tucked in with the bows and my zipper goes from end to end. Hmmmmm I'm also having problems with the straps. Someone on here said how well it worked to use the no-roll waistband elastic in your straps. Well, it looked fine on the top but when I turned it over the elastic had pulled through the fabric and the thread is all messed up. So then I tried just making it with batting inside. The fabric started getting pushed up so I used my walking foot. It made teeny tiny stitches so I quit. People on here whip them out one after another and I can't even get one made!
The handles can get very thick. On the last one I made I put only half the batting in the center of the handle then folded the sides in and sewed, as in the instructions. Worked better - my machine was happier, and there hasn't been any problem with the handles.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts
Wow! Thanks everyone.

Katfish, your third bag, you made longer handles? I was thinking about doubling the length of the handles for mine too!
In the pattern you make one handle WOF and cut it in half. I make two handles WOF because I like to put the handle over my head. My shoulder doesn't like to carry a purse!!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

I love, love, love your cat fabric, so cute. I need to find the pattern - how can I get it? All your bags are great.