Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else sew barefoot? >

Does anyone else sew barefoot?

Does anyone else sew barefoot?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Yep, I do. I have a big foot, 12's, so needless to say my shoes are clumbersome. I can only sew barefoot, if I don't my ankle and leg give me fits.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by mrsmayf2007
I sew barefoot, or with socks. Believe it or not, I cannot wear shoes going up and down my stairs in the dark. I have to be able to feel the floor. Same with sewing, I have to feel the pedal or I end up messing up because I step harder than I should and take off too fast lol. Maybe I am just weird LOL :oops:
Oddly enough, I have to take off my shoes to make the bed but then have to wear them to carry the laundry baskets and do cleaning chores. My husband laughs at me everytime we change the sheets on the bed because my shoes have to come off to do it. Have no clue why or even when that began as I was never conscious of it until we relocated from IL to FL.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Banned

no I don't sew barefooted. it would be like trying to walk on a bed on nails - although sharper
Old 06-03-2010, 04:15 AM

I only ware shoes when I go some place otherwise I am bare footed in the fall till it gets cold then I ware quilted slippers in the house.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Barefoot in the garden??? You must not have fire ants.
Sharon W.in Texas
I sew barefoot or with socks on as I have better control of the foot pedal but on my first Pfaff, I ran into a bizarre problem with the bottom right hand corner of the foot pedal that made a pocket of fluid on the outside edge of my foot. After a year, I can sew on either of my Pfaff's with or without shoes. My new Pfaff has a larger foot pedal and is not an issue. I feel I have greater control of the presser foot without shoes. When I take a machine to our quilt guild meetings though, I do wear shoes there just because I don't want to run around bare foot at the rec center.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 AM

I sew barefoot, or with socks. Believe it or not, I cannot wear shoes going up and down my stairs in the dark. I have to be able to feel the floor. Same with sewing, I have to feel the pedal or I end up messing up because I step harder than I should and take off too fast lol. Maybe I am just weird LOL :oops:
My husband teases me because I HAVE to remove my shoes to make the bed and especially when it's time to flip the mattress but for most things, the shoes are on. I do prefer to sew barefoot or with footies on depending on the outside temperature. We live in FL so most of the year, I only wear footies or am without socks.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah Rae
I only ware shoes when I go some place otherwise I am bare footed in the fall till it gets cold then I ware quilted slippers in the house.

We are kindred sisters! I stay barefoot in the house until summer then wear slippers. I even go to the store in my slippers most of the time. If that isn't the height of laziness... :roll: I hate shoes and bras.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
My husband teases me because I HAVE to remove my shoes to make the bed and especially when it's time to flip the mattress but for most things, the shoes are on. I do prefer to sew barefoot or with footies on depending on the outside temperature. We live in FL so most of the year, I only wear footies or am without socks.
I think my going up and down the stairs in the dark thing comes from tripping over my cat on the stairs at night. I was three days out of having an emergency appendectomy, and I started down the steps and felt fur under my foot and knocked me down the steps "OUCH"

:oops: but now I have this thing where I have to be able to feel the floor when walking up and down the steps *sigh* LOL :lol:
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM

Opps! I meant I stay barefoot until WINTER then wear slippers. I even wear them outside.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM

I use to go bare footed out side during the summer but stept on a few bees and I am alergic to them and have to go for shots. Like you I do not like bras either.