Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know how I'm going to get any cutting done???

Blog Entries
    They are adorable! Wonderful helpers and supervisors!
    My beautiful big Orange boy (22lb!) passed away last summer and I miss him!
    I still have another boy and find myself being as quiet as possible when I am quilting so that he does not hear and come and help! lol

They are beautiful.

Carmello is beautiful. I think we have his brother. I have a big
    cat that is now the boss around here. Neither of our cats come
    into my sewing room . My female one does try to get onto my
    lap when I'm had stitching. Lucky has learnt to look first before
    she jumps up.

I love cats. They are so independant. And our Chuck is so
    bossy and demands his treats and a hand to pet him.

Flo from NNY

Umm...can totally relate!! :-D

Sophie the Queen Bee
    Name:  Attachment-116186.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  694.5 KB

Blog Entries
    I have 3 and the big boy will always be in the middle.
    I can't get mad either, just smile.

Blog Entries
    I have 3 and the big boy will always be in the middle.
    I can't get mad either, just smile.

LOL...so cute

Blog Entries
    Sounds ike you've got yourself a Mama's Boy :) I can see how he could easily have you wrapped around his cute little paw. Sonia is a beauty too!

I had a kitten that used to jump up on top of tables, mostly for food, but the instant she did that I put her down...it was a test of wills, but eventually she got the message and never did it as an adult cat. If your cat is doing this now, she probably won't change looking at her age. I'd close the door...or I don't iknow if the constant putting her down trick will work???? Maybe she just needs some snuggling and then put her down. You have a real problem with her or what?

Oh my God, I had a female tabby just like him, she was 16 pounds of love and affection. She died of liver failure in 2004 and I still miss her. She slept with me everynight holding my hand. Gosh we love them too much. Your boy is just sooooo adorable

Blog Entries
    I love how they think that they should be in the middle of any operation. Mine does this too....drives me crazy, but 1 look at the cute face and I just can't get mad. Its trying some days though!

Gorgeous kitties!!!!!

Banned
    I agree Susan! How can we resist our kitties (even when laying smack dab on top of what we're working on) when all they want is to love us! :D This is my life too, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!! :D

I have learned to be a very neat stitcher. I have drawers next to my machine. The only items on the table are my scissors. I have 9 cats and they follow me where ever I go. They will rob me blind if I leave anything out and goes to some mysterious hiding place in the house.

Make them their own quilt, maybe?
    Michelle G.

Maybe I shoudl get a few cats so I can learn to be neater....naw, my weenie dogs would FREAK! lol
    Michelle G. :P

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6

If they were my cats they wouldn't be in the sewing room; a very dangerous place for cats, but if you can afford the vet bills for eaten pins, needles, impaled feet, more power to you. Animals don't belong in sewing rooms.
    I agree. I read a sad tale one quilter wrote about the loss of her cat to septicemia caused by ingested thread constricting its bowel. My younger cat would definitely eat thread and possibly needles and pins, and will play with anything, so they're not allowed in the sewing room, though I'd really like having them with me all the time. I do hand sewing in another room with the cats around, but keep anything that isn't in my hand inside a sealed plastic container.

So cute! Dont you wish you could teach him to cut, lol! Or at least stack the fabric!?
    My Male cat is like that too....I cannot even take out a sewing pattern around him, he ripps them to shreads helping, now I give him some catnip and put him in my bedroom with the door shut if I hav to cut a tissue pattern!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose_P
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6

If they were my cats they wouldn't be in the sewing room; a very dangerous place for cats, but if you can afford the vet bills for eaten pins, needles, impaled feet, more power to you. Animals don't belong in sewing rooms.
    I agree. I read a sad tale one quilter wrote about the loss of her cat to septicemia caused by ingested thread constricting its bowel. My younger cat would definitely eat thread and possibly needles and pins, and will play with anything, so they're not allowed in the sewing room, though I'd really like having them with me all the time. I do hand sewing in another room with the cats around, but keep anything that isn't in my hand inside a sealed plastic container.
    Yes, this is so true!! Keep them out of that stuff!
    I was cutting on the kitchen table, no pins or thread or anything around.

Here kity,kitty!

Oh, Sue, your marmalade tom is an exact twin to my late but beloved Zeus!!!!! He was one smart cat and extremely lovey with purrs, hugs and rubs. I do miss him so. I LOVE your little Sonia...how beautiful she is! I'll best she is fond of dark colors to nap on!

You might try making him his own blankie. If it smells like you ( like your quilting fabric does) he may decide that's a good place to settle. Both cats are darlings

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh so cute this is what my cat does she is kinda sneaky and creeps on fabric whilst i am elsewhere ,,lol

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    So cute! Dont you wish you could teach him to cut, lol! Or at least stack the fabric!?
    My Male cat is like that too....I cannot even take out a sewing pattern around him, he ripps them to shreads helping, now I give him some catnip and put him in my bedroom with the door shut if I hav to cut a tissue pattern!
    Carrieanne, I wish I could get them to do ANYTHING other than eat, look out the windows, use the boxes and generally just mooch off us!! Hahaha
    When I get out the vacuum cleaner they look at me like "Why?" Well, maybe just a bit of cat hair??? hahahaha
    Thanks for all the comments. They crack me up :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by kwilter
    Oh, Sue, your marmalade tom is an exact twin to my late but beloved Zeus!!!!! He was one smart cat and extremely lovey with purrs, hugs and rubs. I do miss him so. I LOVE your little Sonia...how beautiful she is! I'll best she is fond of dark colors to nap on!
    Aww, thank you! Your beloved Zeus sounds just like Carmello! He's such a loverboy !
    My DH did a very dumb thing- we have 2 white cats and he bought a BLACK coat! He regrets it so much lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast