Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know how I'm going to get any cutting done???

Blog Entries
    ohhh your babies are sooo cute, i have the same problem, my Zoey has me trained to give her treats every time i make a cut so she's out of the way. sneaky kitty!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie
    ohhh your babies are sooo cute, i have the same problem, my Zoey has me trained to give her treats every time i make a cut so she's out of the way. sneaky kitty!!!
    Lynnie- NEWS FLASH:
    You're in trouble!! hahaha :D

Beautiful cats, I wouldn't have the heart to move them either!!

Blog Entries
    My cat likes to lay down for a bath and a nap in front of my sewing machine every evening while I try to sew. When I move him he insists on having his paw on one of my hands. He is really sweet and he is our baby. Very friendly and playful.

Mine scares me when I am using the rotary cutter...always afraid I'm going to make a "bob tail" out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne Fauss
    I had a kitten that used to jump up on top of tables, mostly for food, but the instant she did that I put her down...it was a test of wills, but eventually she got the message and never did it as an adult cat. If your cat is doing this now, she probably won't change looking at her age. I'd close the door...or I don't iknow if the constant putting her down trick will work???? Maybe she just needs some snuggling and then put her down. You have a real problem with her or what?
    She gets tons of snuggles, in fact I rub her so much I'm surprised she isn't bald lol
    I'd have to put fabric on the ceiling to keep the cats away.
    I've accepted that fact :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
    You might try making him his own blankie. If it smells like you ( like your quilting fabric does) he may decide that's a good place to settle. Both cats are darlings
    Doesn't help- I've done that :D

Quote Originally Posted by bourvel
    Oh my God, I had a female tabby just like him, she was 16 pounds of love and affection. She died of liver failure in 2004 and I still miss her. She slept with me everynight holding my hand. Gosh we love them too much. Your boy is just sooooo adorable
    Yes, it's so hard to let them go. But the joy they bring us is worth it. I've had pets my whole life. The good times far outweigh the bad :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneG
    I agree Susan! How can we resist our kitties (even when laying smack dab on top of what we're working on) when all they want is to love us! :D This is my life too, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!! :D
    Ditto! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    Now how can you turn that down? You can do your cutting some other time.
    Ummm......... then I would have to give it up for good lol

Quote Originally Posted by katiescraftshop
    Very pretty cats. I have to share my chair with one of my girls. She's a tiny little thing at about 5.5 lbs (she stands on my scale when I make my weighted blankets) but she takes her bit out of the middle and wants to leave me only the edge.
    Carmello's mother, Katie, is only 7 pounds, so yours must be a pipsqueak! Katie sure is :D

Quote Originally Posted by Anne P
    I can certainly relate! I have two feline furbabies, one of whom really likes to follow me into the sewing studio. She looks like your white one but she's all black. The other one, her sister, is a tabby. Honestly they came from the same litter, but we think they had different Dads. A friend of mine took in the Mom when she was a stray and she had 6 kittens - three black long hair, and three short haired tabby. Not only do they look totally different, but they have independent personalities. The black one, Molly, is all fluff and weighs 5.7 lbs. Sally, the tabby, is a chunk and weighs 13 lbs. Gotta love 'em!
    We used to have a Maine coon who weighed 22 lbs. He was a real character, too.
    We had a Main coon and he was a character too!!!! His name was Fluffles and we still miss him!

What a beautiful cat!!!! They are such fun to have around and so lovable.

Blog Entries
    I see floral flabrics getting cut into striiiiipppss.....

My dogs are not allowed in the sewing room anymore. Too many hairs! The cat is the "keeper-of-the-horses" so she stays out in the barn--happily so.

I have a cat that does the same thing. I think someday I'm going to have blood all over - after I cut the tip of her tail off. She keeps swishing it right over the ruler when I'm trying to cut. I have to pick her up and take her upstairs to my DH. Then I know she'll be out of the way for a little while.
    Cats do love quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Big table, big matt, bit rotary cutter-
    BIG CAT!!

This is my only boy feline, Carmello, lovable as can be, but just when they were all asleep on this rainy day he comes running when he hears me!!

The girls are sleeping but he needs to kiss me and be near me. I can't get made at him, I just can't!! lol

I know what you mean about hugging and kissing cats. I had a beautiful male stray adopt me, turned out to be a Russian Blue, he followed me around like a dog, had to be in the middle of everything and loved to hug & kiss me before I went to sleep. I thought he was human at times, he understood everyuthing I said to him. he's been gone for 18 months, I feel no other cat could ever fill his paws again, he was one in a million.

I have them too! Not only for the sewing, ironing, but the computer. Can't get anything done without being mean to them and shooing them away. Wouldn't be without my kitties. Big like yours!!!!

So much for the quilt police, they are all there. Makesure you don't mess up now.

:mrgreen: I envy you the fat boy and the beautiful floral fabrics!!

THat big yellow guy looks like a cat we had we named Romeo. He was such a flirt. Your kitties just need their very own quilts so they will leave your alone!

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Big table, big matt, bit rotary cutter-
    BIG CAT!!

This is my only boy feline, Carmello, lovable as can be, but just when they were all asleep on this rainy day he comes running when he hears me!!

The girls are sleeping but he needs to kiss me and be near me. I can't get made at him, I just can't!! lol
    My orange tabby looks just like yours. He's not very lovable the only time he's like that is at night when I'm asleep and he climbs on Me til he get to my face and taps on my cheek with his paw till he wakes me up. Then he wants lovin. Other than that he will attack me. He will come after me and bite me if the mood hits him. Lol.

Rie
    Blog Entries
    Just wrap all your fabric up and send it to me. :D

Blog Entries
    I was going to say, "Get a dog!" Then I realized my Max does essentially the same thing: just about every time I start working in the sewing room, I find him sitting up, behind me, waiting for some attention or an opportunity to tell me he needs something.

I love to quilt, but I wouldn't trade his love for all the quilts in the world! :)

So cute.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Blog Entries
    Looks to me like you've got help. Your kitty is holding the ruler and fabric for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast