Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone know name of this pattern. >

Does anyone know name of this pattern.

Does anyone know name of this pattern.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Banned

I am working on it too in EQ7 - I think it is a variable point block. The borders are a bit troublesome and I will conquer that another day!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:35 PM

Wow Barb, I'm so impressed, thank you thank you, I owe you something. I wasn't gonna have a chance to try drawing it out for awhile as work two jobs and have a lot going on. That's why I was hoping someone would recognize it. I so much appreciate it. This board is the best.

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I am so excited by my new abilities which are pretty slim in EQ. After starting on the Pieced Drawing book by Patti Anderson and only having gone through most of chapter 1, I was able to draw this pattern out. Whoo Hoo!!!!

I drew it out in an 8 in block and came up with 2 blocks set on point that make up this pattern. I didn't try to design the whole quilt to the outside setting triangles....a little bit beyond my capability right now. So is turning the quilt to make it on point....so just imagine this at a tilt. haha

This is what I came up with. Hope you like it.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:26 PM

I love this board! I really like the look of this quilt. I enjoyed ease dropping on the EQ conversation. Now since I am such a dunce could someone send me the directions and sizes to cut my fabric and piece it together. I can do the fabric choosing and the sewing. It's just all that preliminary stuff I am begging for!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
I love this board! I really like the look of this quilt. I enjoyed ease dropping on the EQ conversation. Now since I am such a dunce could someone send me the directions and sizes to cut my fabric and piece it together. I can do the fabric choosing and the sewing. It's just all that preliminary stuff I am begging for!
I'm not far enough along in EQ to get you to the finished quilt. I've only done the 2 blocks. Some other stuff whoever can do this will need to know.

What size do you want it to finish? How many borders? I'm hoping someone who knows what they are doing can get this finished for you.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I'm not far enough along in EQ to get you to the finished quilt. I've only done the 2 blocks. Some other stuff whoever can do this will need to know.

What size do you want it to finish? How many borders? I'm hoping someone who knows what they are doing can get this finished for you.
The size to cut for the two 8 inch blocks would be nice. Thanks Barb for the graph and thanks to anyone who can help with the cutting size.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:26 PM

No idea but love the black and turquoise.
Will keep watching for a name.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:20 AM

I finished designing the quilt in EQ. Much easier to do setting triangles than I thought it would be. The final result is much better than I hoped it would be. I have made PDF files for each section of it. I couldn't see where I could print everything a the same time. PLEASE anyone using this, please understand that this is my first quilt design in EQ & do NOT cut all your fabric based on these instructions. They have NOT been verified. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Chain Link 1 RC.pdf (167.9 KB, 128 views)
Chain Link 2 RC.pdf (228.9 KB, 128 views)
Chain Link 3 RC.pdf (129.6 KB, 120 views)
Chain Link fabric.pdf (100.3 KB, 111 views)
Chain Link Quilt Pic.pdf (1.59 MB, 130 views)
Old 11-16-2013, 11:24 AM

I thought it would be fun to see what a yellow stop border would look like on the quilt. I feel so empowered! I have some material that I think will be great in this quilt. I may just have to make it. Glad I got such an opportunity to learn so much so quickly.

Thought I should mention that the original quilt didn't have the yellow triangles inserted in the middle section of the block for the very outside. I got lazy and didn't try to do another block to show that. If you don't want the yellow on the very outside, then just cut a solid piece of red for that piece of the block.
Attached Files

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 11-16-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by racerh View Post
I am working on it too in EQ7 - I think it is a variable point block. The borders are a bit troublesome and I will conquer that another day!
I haven't been introduced to variable point blocks yet. I was thinking about it and realized the block would only be saved with what I drew in the block, so I started with the Patchdraw, rectangle block and only used one half of the block as a triangle. That was when I found out that even though I was seeing a triangle, EQ was seeing a rectangle. I couldn't turn it enough to make it be right in the space. I did it three times to get the 2 I needed for each side. fyi...the pattern was the same, I just couldn't turn it to make it show up right in the design.

What did you mean about the borders being troublesome?
Old 11-16-2013, 11:56 AM

You did a great job Barb! Thanks for sharing with us!!

I was looking at the original picture again and I found a mistake in the quilt. Check out the top and bottom rows of the 'links' in the first picture. All of the outer edges of the links have omitted the yellow triangle...except for one on the bottom row. Quilter's oops or design decision?? LOL