Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does Anyone use a Babylock Crafters Choice for quilting? >

Does Anyone use a Babylock Crafters Choice for quilting?

Does Anyone use a Babylock Crafters Choice for quilting?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bamagal
The sewing center is trying to sell me a machine upwards of $2000.00 that I can use for quilting. I have a budget of about a $1000.00. I want to use the machine for primarily quilting and piecing. Babylock Crafters Choice looks ok, but I don't know what to look for, or what questions to ask. I will be upgrading from a 1970's Singer. Needless to say, I'm getting price shocked. The dealer I am looking at sells Babylocks and Pfaff. Where do I start? Any recommendations?
Bamagal , Have you checked with Ken's Sewing center in Muscle Shoals? Here is the website-http://www.kenssewingcenter.com/index.htm I haven't purchased from them yet,(I am saving my pennies) and will buy from them. Talking with different folks, I have never heard anything bad about them, usually rave reviews and that he stands behind his sales.I think he carries Juki, Janome and Brother. They have the new Janome Horizon also.Good luck shopping. :thumbup:
Old 01-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
The sewing center is trying to sell me a machine upwards of $2000.00 that I can use for quilting. I have a budget of about a $1000.00. I want to use the machine for primarily quilting and piecing. Babylock Crafters Choice looks ok, but I don't know what to look for, or what questions to ask. I will be upgrading from a 1970's Singer. Needless to say, I'm getting price shocked. The dealer I am looking at sells Babylocks and Pfaff. Where do I start? Any recommendations?
I have a Crafters Choice. It sews very well, and has all the bells and whistles that I need for quilting, but it will not thread through the head of the machine without trying over and over again. Occasionally it will thread the first or second try, but usually not. I am about ready to take it back and tell them they can have it back and I will go to a different store to buy something else. I am very discouraged with my Baby Lock Crafter's choice.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

I don't have that particular model but would not trade my BL Espire for all the Kraut in Germany. I LOVE my machine. Wide feed dogs (doesn't pull the fabric in like my Pfaff did), motor speed control, needle up/down, and of course, the awesome needle threader. It looks like this might be a discontinued model so if that is the machine you want, make sure to haggle for a smoking deal. AND TEST DRIVE!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
Crafters Choice is no longer in production. $2000 seems like a high price for an out of production machine. Perhaps he is stuck with it or it was a trade in and isnt new.